Plenum spacer

Dave-350

True, but depending on whether you want it to last is another question. I sold my plenum spacer, because the gasket breaks down falls apart and the bonding agent falls apart.

In principle yes they are all the same, and if your not fussed about bling then get hold of a good condition second hand one.

True, but depending on whether you want it to last is another question. I sold my plenum spacer, because the gasket breaks down falls apart and the bonding agent falls apart.

In principle yes they are all the same, and if your not fussed about bling then get hold of a good condition second hand one.

You removed yours? Don't you supply your own though? :confused:

He removed his inferior quality one and replaced it with his own. I also have one of Ian's and it is too quality! :thumbs:

He removed his inferior quality one and replaced it with his own. I also have one of Ian's and it is top quality! :thumbs:

He removed his inferior quality one and replaced it with his own. I also have one of Ian's and it is too quality! :thumbs:

Who manufactured the one that falls apart then? Or what's it branded as? Just so I don't go buying something that's 'less inferior'

Who manufactured the one that falls apart then? Or what's it branded as? Just so I don't go buying something that's 'less inferior'

I have a feeling it was a motordyne one!

OR

Be Wise and ask Wasso to send you one👌. In your favourite colour 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, it was the Motordyne one. To be fair I was really surprised at how it's made, I spent nearly 6 months researching into the manufacture and stumbled across a number of issues with it. It was made on a budget, but sold for gold. Don't get me wrong it serves it's purpose well, but as I've seen with a few second hand ones on here, they fall apart.

They are also made of two aluminium parts which are dovetailed together. These joints can become weak, where as mine is made at full cost and is one singular piece of aluminium. This leaves no room from breaking in half (whilst in transit for instance) or potential air loss through the gaps. The same applies to the gasket they use, it's of two parts.

They also leave the laser cut edge raw and anodise it white. Over time they collect a heck load of dirt and grime, and frankly this was the main reason for getting rid of mine. It looked awful and so my first design point was colour and finish. The finish is smooth so easy to clean, the colour for the bling factor.

Everything is else is pretty much the same, but then bolts are bolts and the nylon spacers within the plenum are technically the same item.

Added bonus they're actually cheaper than Motordyne, which is what I wanted to achieve.

A member on here ages ago bought a nasty spacer kit and it caused all kinds of problems and developed an air leak that we put right. I would go for one of Wasso's, he is one of the strangest guys in the world but his spacers are ok :thumbs: