Advice on swapping a track spoiler for a nismo

Spatt

Hey all i have found a car on ebay with a huge spoiler on. looks awful...

Here is the car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350-Z-CUSTOM-2004-04-REG-47000-MILES-TAX-AND-MOT-WITH-FSH-/281188237566?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item41782000fe

If i buy this car i would like to fit a nismo spoiler and maybe a carbon black one at that?

would this be a simple enough task and would any holes/marks be covered by the new nismo spoiler. I get the feeling a boot respray might be necessary if i remove it.

Anyone any ideas?

Oh.. and those lights.... need to go.

100% wont be covered by the nismo spoiler, but you could sell it for good cash which will cover the respray for the boot, it will no doubt be bolted on so will need a bit of body work. might be worth buying a new boot lid and selling that one :thumbs:

hmmm. having not seen the car in the flesh maybe i'll grow to like the spoiler.. what do you think i could sell this for as a base price on the forum?

would need to get the nismo spoiler profetionaly fitted. could you recomend anyone to do this work.. i'll start the ball rolling with quotes.

find the price hard to believe on this car?

I googled the make of the spoiler and couldn't find anything. There's new chinese ones for £190 on ebay,so you might get £100 for it. Japspeed sell new ones for £350 so from your point of view it would be worth an ebay auction with a reserve of say £70. It's a wide one, so people would want it (me included) and if you can get a brand name and it's expensive you could get more.

hmmm. having not seen the car in the flesh maybe i'll grow to like the spoiler.. what do you think i could sell this for as a base price on the forum?

would need to get the nismo spoiler profetionaly fitted. could you recomend anyone to do this work.. i'll start the ball rolling with quotes.

Thing you need to consider as well, most people who fit the nismo spoiler have it bolted onto the original oem holes then bonded. This boot doesn't have those either, personally I quite like the spoiler and would keep it.

Thing you need to consider as well, most people who fit the nismo spoiler have it bolted onto the original oem holes then bonded. This boot doesn't have those either, personally I quite like the spoiler and would keep it.

+1, Some nice rear lights swapped in would make a world of difference

the cars price is really interesting me. i'd try and knock it down a little but only to acomodate me buying some nice LED lights. (Rough price for these guys?)

Also i know its been on there a while too as i remember seeing it a few months back.

May keep the spoiler yet but i would HAVE to have a nismo put on and ifn its not an option it will stay.

heading to Trade link at the weekend hopefully to show my face and take a look at what they have. thing is i could buy this red one pretty soon for that price :D but not exactly what i had in mind.

thanks for all the input guys your a big help

Bizz, I'm currently looking at the voltex type 8 wing due to the foot mounts being huge and won't crack the carbon boot it's going on.

I did find that japspeed do o a huge wing pretty cheap. Same one as they run on all there drift cars. May be worth looking at.

Sorry Spatt seems like you've stumbled on to quite a popular topic.

Neil that wing is awesome and would be perfect but like Stevo said I just can't afford to stretch that far at the moment. Money is flying out of my Z account quicker than ever :(

Whats the crack here. do you use that large wing for lift when your drifting or something. im naive to all this :blush:. where are you guys taking your cars drifting and how easy is it to get into?

Never tracked a car but fancy taking mine to Oulton park when i grow a pair and can afford to insure it for racing

Whats the crack here. do you use that large wing for lift when your drifting or something. im naive to all this :blush:. where are you guys taking your cars drifting and how easy is it to get into?

Never tracked a car but fancy taking mine to Oulton park when i grow a pair and can afford to insure it for racing

You use the wing for rear down force to provide more grip. Ironically, the more grip the better in drifting. Grip means more speed, more angle, more smoke and far more control. When you accelerate from a small turn into a large one for example, you need grip to accelerate the car and not only to keep enough angle, but to stop the car from spinning out too. They also look totally awesome in my eyes :lol: