Sub 30k Nismo but terrible rear bumper match

sipar69

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/nissan/370z/used-nissan-370z-3-7-v6-344-nismo-3dr-loughborough-fpa-201310229405596?logcode=p

Ok I know I'm the only one who seems to get wound up by this but check out the rear bumper picture. I love the Nismo; might well go for one in white in about a year but that bumper mismatch would niggle the heck out of me!

Does anyone else see what I mean or am I just a total fusspot! :)

Trick of the light.

It's a Pearl paint, so from some angles panels can look different colours. I know this for sure as I had my 350z in white from the factory and it could look like this in some lights from some angles.

Although on a second look, my certainly didn't look that bad. hmmmm

My first 370 was exactly the same colour so I do know it can look worse in some lights but that is a pretty big difference. It looks a completely different colour and not a very nice one at that! I think it varies from car to car so if you bought one new it'd be pot luck! I know a plastic bumper will always look a bit different but that's too much! It would bug me to death. :)

Oh and the wheel they chose to photograph looks to be badly scraped!

Edited by sipar69

That is shocking, must have had a rear end knock and a shocking spray job, I've seen a pearl white with some respray work and although there is a slight difference between panels if you stared long enough it was nothing like this one.

That is shocking, must have had a rear end knock and a shocking spray job, I've seen a pearl white with some respray work and although there is a slight difference between panels if you stared long enough it was nothing like this one.

I'm not sure to be honest - I think they come out of the factory like that - just worse on some than others. Other companies seem to be able to get a decent match - not sure why Nissan can't!

I'm not sure to be honest - I think they come out of the factory like that - just worse on some than others. Other companies seem to be able to get a decent match - not sure why Nissan can't!

Well, I'm with you, I wouldn't have touched it without paint rectification if I had been the first buyer.