The New 2015 Civic Type R & NSX.

Suits

I love type R's, I went with my brother to JAE 2008 as he was on the forums stand that he's a member of with his 2004 one. That's also when I sat in a 370Z for the first time at the Nissan dealers stand. Never thought I'd actually own one!! :D

Ha ha, who did you go with Type R Owners or Civic Type R Owners ??

• 4 weeks later...

Check this.

This is the new NSX GT Concept show how it's combustion engine generates electric to power it's additional drive power motors.

Like KERS.

Sounds pretty nice too, I thought I could hear a VTEC change in there too at the start of the pull ;) .

Oh and this is the new Civic Type R, which is going through the final stage of testing.

4 Pot, VTEC, Turbo, lol, just under 300hp and 400nm of torque.

The car is suppose to focus on poise and agility other than all out raw power, which is pretty much what all quick Honda's have been about, bar maybe the HSV :lol: .

Loving the 80's graphics on the side.

Civic_Type_R15.jpg

I have serious doubts over this. It's one thing to create a great hot hatch (like Renault), it's another to create something that is just great at the Ring. Honda haven't done anything of note in terms of suspension or engine design in almost 10 years now, so they'd have to do something spectacular to make a car better than the current Megane RS.

Absolutely bang slap spot on. The Megane RS is something else, an incredibly fast and capable car thats going to take some beating ........ but bear in mind its a development of about 4 previous generations of hardcore FWD's, the last one having plastic windows and a rollcage. For me Honda havent come close to the French hot hatches since the EK, and with that history I really cant see a 5 door family car coming close to the Megane no matter what you do, short of making it full BTCC spec or something :lol:

Touchy much? :stir:

Do you work for Honda's marketing department or something? Sorry to point out the bleeding obvious, but since the EK CTR's havent been much more than sporty family cars, where the last 3 generations of sporty Meganes have been awesome track cars, but suddenly thats all going to change with the even heavier 5 door version?

You keep wearing your Honda tinted specs but if you ever fancy a frame of reference, take a sorted RS Megane out on a track and recognise just how incredibly good they are. If Honda get anywhere near that they will have done well, but I cant see them beating it first time out, no way.

Touchy much? :stir:

Do you work for Honda's marketing department or something? Sorry to point out the bleeding obvious, but since the EK CTR's havent been much more than sporty family cars, where the last 3 generations of sporty Meganes have been awesome track cars, but suddenly thats all going to change with the even heavier 5 door version?

You keep wearing your Honda tinted specs but if you ever fancy a frame of reference, take a sorted RS Megane out on a track and recognise just how incredibly good they are. If Honda get anywhere near that they will have done well, but I cant see them beating it first time out, no way.

Whoa cowgirl, cool your jets !!

I never said it was better or is better, I simply shared the story about a new car and it's aims.

Your the one that appears to know it all before it's even finished testing.

I like cars, there's a few people on here that do too, I thought it might be interesting for some.

As it happens, yes, I do like Honda, I came from Honda cars, as for working for them, no.

With Honda getting back into F1 again, their BTCC experience and their current R&D with performance turbo's they could make decent car this time round, whether it will beat the wonderful Renault to Honda's set target only time will tell, it's good fun though, if I'm wrong you can dig me out on here, if that's what your into.

I love type R's, I went with my brother to JAE 2008 as he was on the forums stand that he's a member of with his 2004 one. That's also when I sat in a 370Z for the first time at the Nissan dealers stand. Never thought I'd actually own one!! :D

Ha ha, who did you go with Type R Owners or Civic Type R Owners ??

Civic Type R owners :)

Also, http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/civic/first-drives/honda-civic-type-r-prototype-first-drive-review

• 3 months later...

Maybe am just getting old but that looks like its just crashed into the nearest branch of Halfords backwards.

The brakes discs look tiny in thoses wheels (I assume 19/20 inch), cannot imagine how hard the ride will be...does a 4 cylinder engine really need 4 exhaust pipes and vents on the bonnet, and what's with the rear spolier the standard Civic has bad enough rear vision already??....Yeaph am definitely getting old :D

Edited by gangzoom