Theft Proof Tire Valve Caps...But I'm the new owner?

MattWorth

Ok, so Theft Proof Tire Valve Caps are a brilliant invention, in fact, if they weren't Blue I would love to keep them, however I don't have the key that is supposed to come with them, but I'm not a thief either - so how can I change my tire caps without investing in new tyres entirely?

worst case is cut the valve off, most tyre places will charge £1 or so for a new valve.

All they will do is cut the valve off (releasing the pressure from the tyre) whip the tyre off, swap the valve in about a second and then chuck the tyre back on. Re balance the wheel if you really want to and boom, job done!

They might charge you a couple of quid for the balancing, but they also might not, depends on the garage :)

• Like 1

If they are the Richbrook anti theft valve caps MattWorth then you can get a new set from eBay for around £13 including P&P in most colours. I got some for my old man after he got fed up with the thieving scum nicking them from his BMW. Now no more problems. The key is universal so should fits yours providing they are the Richbrook made caps. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICHBROOK-SPINNING-ANTI-THEFT-TYRE-WHEEL-VALVE-DUST-CAPS-FORD-CARS-/200751875522?pt=UK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET&hash=item2ebdbe85c2 Goodluck and hope that helps.