My First Track Day - Croft

Stutopia

Great photos!

Unfortunately they show the Z has an awful stance as standard :scare:

Interesting you should say that, I've been thinking about the suspension and wheels since I've taken care of most of the other stuff on my list, but I must admit I don't get the whole "stance" deal. I can see that flush wheels look much better but what else bothers you about the stock set up? When I look back at her in the car park as I walk away, my eye is drawn to the silhouette; the bonnet, roof, tail and I always think to myself how great the Zed looks and that I'd never thought I'd have a car like it.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it? Is it arch gap, tyre profile, something else? I'm not having a go (if it comes across that way, which I hope it won't) I'm curious as to what others see that is escaping me.

Great photos!

Interesting you should say that, I've been thinking about the suspension and wheels since I've taken care of most of the other stuff on my list, but I must admit I don't get the whole "stance" deal. I can see that flush wheels look much better but what else bothers you about the stock set up? When I look back at her in the car park as I walk away, my eye is drawn to the silhouette; the bonnet, roof, tail and I always think to myself how great the Zed looks and that I'd never thought I'd have a car like it.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it? Is it arch gap, tyre profile, something else? I'm not having a go (if it comes across that way, which I hope it won't) I'm curious as to what others see that is escaping me.

Its all personal preference my friend but I just believe the Z's wheels are very set back into the arch when compared against other standard cars.

It makes the car look a lot narrower than it is and a bit 'weedy'. Obviously there are two different spectrum's to this and I think the new phase of cool crazy camber is silly but there is some middle ground.

If you like it then good on you....saves you some money :lol:

Great photos!

Its all personal preference my friend but I just believe the Z's wheels are very set back into the arch when compared against other standard cars.

It makes the car look a lot narrower than it is and a bit 'weedy'. Obviously there are two different spectrum's to this and I think the new phase of cool crazy camber is silly but there is some middle ground.

If you like it then good on you....saves you some money :lol:

I hear you on the spacers, been mulling it over myself for a while, I think I may well just look out for some aftermarket wheels that'll take care of flush finish and put the cash saved from spacers towards them. I won't be venturing into "cool camber" territory, I'm too old for that s*** :)

• Like 1

Looks like a cracker, and dont be too put off by the Clio, Ive had many an epic battle with a mate with a 182 Cup going past all sorts of exotica - unfortunately a lot of the time when Im chasing we have to switch places as "bigger" cars wont let him past but dont seem to mind with the Zed so much :lol:

Id have to agree the zed has a pretty poor stance, but Id also say that getting wheels that actually fit is 1000% better solution to this than spacers - putting ridiculous wheels on my car (10J front, 11.5J rear) not only makes it look btter but has increased the grip considerably .......... meaning I can kill Clios as well as DB9's :lol:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...