Baffled sumps

Arran

Evening all

I think the last piece of hardware to complete my Z puzzle is a baffled sump, will have a mocal oil cooler installed so want to get a baffled sump as well to complete the engine cooling and increased capacity goal

ive searched here and researched but there doesnt seem to be much around, ive seen the likes of

Japspeed baffled (looks a copy of APS, plus its Japspeed so wouldnt touch itanyway)

Stillen, its only higher capacity not baffled

hks, silly silly money imo

Greddy, don't know alot about it to be fair

APS, now this seems the one to go for as it has the lot, baffled, enlarged capacity and cooling fins but I cant find a price

also would quite like one that fits under a z speed under tray as its something il most likely get to finish it all off as im low on coilovers so need that protection

Any of you guys have any experience?

Cheers

Arran

• Like 1

Ive got a blox magnetic plug do you know if that will fit? Or did you mean you had to get yours re threaded?

Maybe their castings have improved since then? Mind me asking how much you paid for it mate? Cant find a price anywhere!

Came on the car so no idea on price :shrug:

And yes had to have the plug hole drilled out and re threaded - may have just been someone going a bit mad with a spanner on an oil change (not me)

Also I have one snapped fin and you can see the casting is not amazing but as I say it has never let me down to date :)

Other than that the design is good - does make getting the oil cooler pipes out a bit more fun as it is a lot wider than OEM.

You will find pics in my build thread.

Edited by Keyser

Why does it have to be baffled ? Stillen one is used by plenty of FI'd Zed owners.

Or just go for a spacer ?

Various tracks (e.g: Brands) either recommend a baffled sump or never letting you tank get below half empty due to the speed/camber of corners.