Recommend me a cheapish high mpg low tax run around

wizurd

My Zed gave birth to this last year!

Got pi**ed off putting £100 a week into my Warrior.

Park where you like,zero road tax,£110 a year fully comp,55 mpg.

Done the maths and its cheaper than a moped and you dont get wet!

The only downside is not a lot happens after 70mph and you would not want to be in an M25 pile up!!!

I wouldnt want to be an M25 pile up unless I was in a tank :)

Edited by flexib
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate. Maybe. I'll have a look. At the mo having looked at numerous cars and people dreaming about their values I'm running my old fiesta again since the mot ain't up till Dec. Will put her in for the mot and see what the damage is. Even 400 quid of welding will be cheaper than the cars I've seen so far. Asking 1k for fiestas that are around year 2000 with 80k on the clock. People are mad.

Cheers for the suggestion all. Just as an update. Last Sunday the fiesta died entirely. Blown fuses and a big water leak. Sooo went looking and managed to find another r reg fiesta with 66k mileage and in pretty good condition for the age. Most importantly no rusty sills! :)

so I've been able to transfer over my virtually new tyres from the old fiesta to the new one. Gave her a service today as well. Virtually identical to my old fiesta apart from its not knackered lol.

In time I may well shell out more money for a newer run around with better mpg and tax. But for 670 quid can't complain with what I've managed to find.

• Like 1