I HATE PAYPAL !!!

Zedrush

I dont get ebay at all. I bought an electronic item from a company in fance, only cost 68 quid. I paid 30 pounds for delivery as well for 48hours. I got the parcel a week later and found they only spent 8 euros on delivering the package :rant:

I then tried to use the product and it wouldnt start it was clearly broken. :angry:

So I emailed the company who sold it to me and they didnt get back to me, 5 emails later I decide to report them to ebay, it went through paypal, the company after this then contacted me and said its not their problem I probably broke it. :scare::rant::rant::rant:

So nothing was getting resolved, so I then said to paypal to make a claim and they closed the case saying that the supplier sent the package thats all that matters there is nothing else they can do :scare::rant::angry:

What the F%CK happened to the £500 protection claim, this is a loads of bollocks,

and there is nothing I can do :rant::rant::scare:

My advise never buy anything over 20 quid on ebay.

I could send broken stuff to customers all day, but i dont because I like most people on this site have morals :rant::angry:

Not impressed with ebay at all :thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's the trouble with it. I find myself buying stuff from ebay shops more and more. I think you get a better service as it's a business. A lot of personal sales are people clearing out their junk and getting a quid or two for it!

It is self-moderating in the fact that if someone continually did it, people would stop using them because of the volume of negative feedback being left. Sounds like you've just had a raw deal mate. :thumbdown:

Anyone fancy a road trip to France?? ;)

I was told (this was some time ago) that PayPal's insurance (that they use to cover this sort of problem) only covers them for transactions where both parties are in the North American continent. So, anywhere else, they wash their hands.

I dont like them much either!

I gave up to Ebay a long time ago after advertising several cars and the winning bidders not turning up - and a few of them had decent feedback.

It seems to me that it's basically a glorified car boot sale with no legal comeback on the vendor, you pays your money, you takes your chance.

Let the buyer beware !

Funny that, about a year ago the scummers in my local pub thought a PC was something to run away from, not something to connect thee t'internet.

Now the buggers are on ebay all the time making a few quid - and not in a good way.

Perhaps that's where they sold all their teeth as they only have about five good ones between them.

It's the old story of a few spoiling it for the rest. There's certainly some good ebay sellers out there, but equally lot's of knicked and crap stuff sold by dodgy sellers.

I use eBay but always carefull when buying expensive items, i.e. over £50 or so.

My daughter just had a good experience selling her car for £3,300. That was er starter price. Someone bid on it, and tuned up 3 days after the end of the auction cash in hand. They were decent people and were happy with the car and paid up in full. She had the car advertised for £3600 ono on Autotrader for 3 weeks and never got a viewing.

Mrs Ming bought a handbag from ebay for about £85 and as soon as we saw it it was obviously a fake even though it was advertised as 'genuine with tags' and came in the proper bag. Before we got it out of the bag something fell off.

It took several emails and a rather nasty phone call from me with the promise of a visit from the local old bill and the TRADING STANDARDS OFFICERS before we got our money back MINUS postage???

The point is I left negative feed back and had the same left in return. Now I did nothing wrong but got the negative thing ruining my ebay 100% record.

I also tried a paypal claim and was told to wait xx weeks and see what happens??

There is NOTHING you can do about this other than come to an agreement that BOTH feed backs will be removed. How unfair is that!!

I too am VERY careful with ebay and paypal now

Ming the Cautious

Do not fret my Ming the sceptical.

http//www.goofbay.com .............is your new friend my friend!

It will leave negative feedback only when it's impossible for the bad guys to do the same to you!

U2 aka Ming’s saviour. ;)

Do not fret my Ming the sceptical.

http//www.goofbay.com .............is your new friend my friend!

It will leave negative feedback only when it's impossible for the bad guys to do the same to you!

U2 aka Ming’s saviour. ;)

U2

Thanks mate I shall remember this next time its needed

Ming the Impressed