350Z Hypertech Max Energy Sport Power Programer

Jared350z

I've been searching round the inter-space for a while now looking all different mods I can do to my zed and I keep seeing this one pop up yet I don't know any other Zed drivers that have bought one and used it. I've read the reviews and they all say what an amazing bit of kit this is. I've been speaking to Tarmac (awesome dude) about it as he sells them:

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350Z_Hypertech_Max_Energy_Sport_Power_Programmer/350z-62004_.aspx

Was just wondering if anyone on here has got one or knows more about them as they seem to good to be true? If no one knows I'll probably buy one and then let you all know ha ha.

I have one of these, but yet to install until the exhaust is finished, the parent company seem good to deal with though and it is car and mod specific. It will never be as accurate as a full on rolling road setup - ever, like an Uprev, but the reviews seem to be ok. I'm hoping :teeth: .

I have one of these, but yet to install until the exhaust is finished, the parent company seem good to deal with though and it is car and mod specific. It will never be as accurate as a full on rolling road setup - ever, like an Uprev, but the reviews seem to be ok. I'm hoping :teeth: .

Ah you have to let me know how you get on, I get that a uprev is more engine specific just seems easy with this controller, bit of tricky one. Plus it seems you can use on more than one car.

*Starts camping outside Floydbax's house*

Really? I'd have thought this must be a license based product otherwise we could just get together for a meet and remap everyones car!

If that is really the case then we could club together to buy one and pass it round the forum. Or pay Floydbax a fee

So i'm assuming that it makes its changes through the obd2 port and not as a permanently piggybacked device?

• Like 1

No the device is car specific, you have to send your VIN and mods list to the parent company and it will only recognise that vehicle, (hence why I am waiting for the exhaust setup to finish) sorry guys, yeah if it was that easy :)

I don't understand how it can be mod specific when there are so many different exhausts and intake mods available all I'm sure with different flow rates, so you'll still end up with a pretty generic map. However, if you happen to live somewhere too far from an uprev dealer, then maybe this is an option, but, with most of the country within 100 or so mines of one, then I still recommend paying he extra £25 + fuel for the uprev.

No the device is car specific, you have to send your VIN and mods list to the parent company and it will only recognise that vehicle, (hence why I am waiting for the exhaust setup to finish) sorry guys, yeah if it was that easy :)

Are you sure? Everything I've read and seen, there is no mention of it being car specific. As said above there are so many different mods with different variables it would be such a hard task to program each device. An interesting point to say the least but brings me to the question, why would they sell something when you can get a better option for an extra £25. Hmmmmmmmm

Well there are not that many different basic mods are there? We have induction and exhaust basically. Induction can be a combination of hi flow filter or popcharger, plenum spacer (I think there's 2 or 3 different sizes) or plenum itself. Exhaust can be manifold, HFC or decat, Y-pipes or back box or any combination of these. I suspect there's not a massive difference between the quality makes of these in terms of flowing. Of course things get more complicated when you start adding lightened flywheel, and pulleys or internal work. From what i gather these guys have rolling roaded a few 350z's with various combinations of these mods so have a fairly accurate idea of the mapping needed. As I said in my first post on this thread it is NEVER going to be as good as a bespoke rolling road Rev-up, EVER. There is the point thought that when Nissan roll out several million 350z's each one has not been rolling roaded and mapped, they all run on a pre set generic map that Nissan have created with a few parameters, i.e. Reasonable fuel consumption vs power and well within safety limits of how lean or rich the engine runs at specific loads. I think of this unit as a slightly better map created for people who like to alter their cars for improvement over standard. (You can also ((apparently)) get the unit updated online as you change your mods!).

This unit has other advantages as well though, you can check and reset error codes, alter the rev limit, get rid of the nanny on 1st/ 2nd gear acceleration. It also saves your original car map so you can revert to it if you remove the mods. (It might do other stuff too I have it on the back burner while I'm sorting some other stuff out ).

• Like 1

I would be very very surprised if it can actually insert a map into the std ECU, I suspect its just a glorified throttle controller that's also capable of reading and clearing DTCs, I think its claim to make the best of basic mods comes from its ability to clear short term fuel trims, you could buy a throttle controller and Nissan data scan and do the same for less money. No substitute for Up-Rev remapping.