Did they REALLY.........

HollowPoint

.... put an engine in the 350z called the 'Revup'?

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I don't own a 350 and in truth, don't know much about them mechanically, but I keep seeing this referred to on the forum and......well I'm just at a loss for words, lol.

I mean seriously, what kind of a name is that, for an engine in the 'noughties'? FFS! Nissan used to code their engines, RB26-DETT, VG30-DETT, VQ45........but Revup? REALLY? Tell me it aint so?

Rev up is aftermarket mapping - not the name of the engine.

Uprev is the name of aftermarket mapping, I think you must have sold your zed too long ago!

Edited by Gudzy
  • Like 2

So although it's coded, do Nissan actually call it a 'revup' engine? Or has it adopted that nickname somehow in the community?

VQ35DER is better, definitely, although of course it could do with being a VQ35-DETT or DET. I wonder if you could call it that when you guys turbo it? lol

I think its call the rev up as it has more revs than the standard DE, but the vq35HR some people say the HR stands for high revolutions or high response. Rev up seems to be the legit term for it.

Edited by Dblock

I mean seriously, what kind of a name is that, for an engine in the 'noughties'? FFS! Nissan used to code their engines, RB26-DETT, VG30-DETT, VQ45........but Revup? REALLY? Tell me it aint so?

You really think that giving an engine a proper name rather than a series of letters in a code that makes no sense to anybody normal is a bad thing??!! ;)