aircon issues

adam1942

I'm turning my aircon on in the cabin (the light comes on) but the fan does not come on in the engine bay and I'm getting hot air. The revs do not dip either.

I waited 10 minutes for my car to get warm enough and both fans come on (as expected) proving that both fans are working and its not the bushes. I then turned the aircon on whilst both fans where going and still got hot air only.

So.. both fans are working I assume..

I've replaced the two cabin 15amp fuses for AC/Fans to no avail.

Anyone any ideas? could the condenser or something not be working due to low gas? I cannot hear the condenser activate at all.

Thanks,

Adam.

Edited by adam1942

May be totally wrong here!

Have you checked that the internal cabin temperature sensor is connected? I think (but am not 100% certain) this is behind the driver's side knee/crash pad.

When I first collected my Zed, my AirCon dpumped out hot air too and Abbey traced it to the internal sensor having come unplugged - possibly when previous owner had removed his internal satnav unit. Reconnected and all was well.

David

Thanks David Ill have a look. I did read up on the sensor/connectionbut forgot to check!

do you have to remove the satnav/cd unit to check this or can you see/feel it from the pedal area?

I think it is behind the knee/crash pad under the steering column?

David

checked that at lunch time David and it was all good. Nothing was happening fan wouldn't even come on..

Called in to Kwik fit at lunch time (closest garage usually avoid them) and the guy checked it out. there was a little bit of gas left but not much. He put it on the machine and checked the system. No leak detected. Refilled it for £30 cash in hand instead of the advertised price of £50. Fan now comes on as the cars ice cold :)

Even let me drive my car in to the bay myself as I'm anal about that kinda thing.

Well chuffed! thanks for the help guys.

Edited by adam1942
  • Like 2