Rota Torques (torque to me)

iMystic

Thats the car lowered to the ground, there's a foam block between the wooden ramp & the rim that you can see there!

350ad, cheers for the pics, it looks like your rim pokes outside the arch a little too, i'll have another crack at fitting them on saturday in the daylight & see if my opinion changes then!

So why is the jack still raised? it needs the full weight of the car on it for the suspension to settle, you need to get tyres fitted and drop it on its down weight, Also if your only doing one side and got the original wheel on the other side this will effect the way the car sits and will not help for the test fitting

well jealous of how nice a fitment all you guys get!

Stevo, i'm at stock height & this corner of the car is sitting a little high due to the wooden ramp, foam block & the handbrake is still on too so it definitely would settle a little closer to the car when its flat & free from the handbrake.

Like i said i'll do a more thorough test tomorrow in daylight, the numbers all add up so it should really sit spot on like your guys setups do, fingers crossed its just me making a mess of the fit.

Looks like i'll need spacers for the front though unfortunately :(

• 6 months later...

Hey folks, i realise i never really brought this to any conclusion, so figured i'd take the time to just say thanks again for the input & images you guys provided & also share the rest of my experience fitting these.

In summary, i had 18x9.5 ET12 for the rear & 18x9.5 ET30 for the fronts.

The ET30 is not enough to clear those Brembo callipers, an extra 3mm is required for the wheel to be able to rotate (this leaves you with literally 1mm clearance).

Not happy with only having 1mm clearance, i'd was looking at running a 5mm spacer, 5mm spacers use up almost the entire hubcentric collar, i do track days so have the wheels on & off quite frequently & the through of having to take so much time & care to centre the wheels each time i fit them wasn't an option. Not to mention i have a bit of an irrational fear about the collar not having any purchase on the wheel in general.

The smallest spacer i could fit & retain the hubcentric collar was 10mm (with extended bolts), so this was the route i took. This essentially brought the fronts to ET20 which was ironically the fitment i was always after but we cant seem to get them in the UK/Europe.

With the car at stock height they did poke out a little further than i'd have liked so i bought some coilovers & fitted those too.

Some pics of the final fitment:

IMG_7827.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

And one of the ample Brembo clearance & spacer.

IMG_7828.jpg

If i was really fussy, i might have tried an ET35 on the front with the 10mm spacer so they would sit 5mm closer to the calliper, the wheel bolts would stick out a little further on the ET35 too though, & i prefer how discreet the bolts are sunk into the ET12 rears!

Cheers :)

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the end result and pics!

A while back I was looking at getting new wheels, I noticed that the choice of rota's in 18's is actually very limited and most would need spaces on the front.

I ended up giving up but this has inspired me to get something sorted.