Wonkey Exhaust Question x2!!

timb2010

Hi,

My OEM exhaust was slightly higher one the right hand side. I tried to move it and gave it a good bit of force and it was solid.

Ive just had a scorpion exhaust fitted. I couldn't see when it was up on the ramp and didn't notice till I got home, but the new exhaust also is higher on the right hand side too!!

5upy6y9u.jpge5u3apar.jpg

2e2uqahe.jpg

My question is as it has happened on two exhausts it would probably not be a fitting error. But what could it be?

Could I bend the one bracket up or other down? or take the one off and put spacers between the car and hanger?

is it just the two hangers are on the back that need adjusting and will the back box need to come off to do this work?

I would take it back but its a good hour drive! Thanks in advance!

Edited by timb2010

Take it back to whoever fitted it.

The thing is its an hour's petrol to be maybe told that the exhaust is fitted fine and that the hanger/s are bent. maybe more money and a wait.

or..... a possible 10min job on my back bending or raising the hanger!

just need to know if it can all be done without the backbox coming off.

Edited by timb2010

drivers side hanger remove and spacers put between hanger/car.

10min job? nooooo! ! !

The bolts were rusted in tight, socket couldn't be used as there was a large plastic section blocking access and there was a next to zero manoeuving room with a 12mm spanner...

All done and now exhaust tips are pretty perfect. Thanks for the help :rolleyes: