Bikers vs Range Rover

coldel

At the very end of the video when they start trying to smash his windows I dare say reversing could have been a solution.

In court this is going to go one way. Man with family in a respectable expensive car will be cleared of all charges and gang of hooligans on motorbikes driving like dicks will get dealt with.

It was very much mob mentality and some sort of 'we are in a movie' style behaviour took over. If the guy who got hurt was indeed helping another fallen biker then he should also throw some blame at those that charged the RR in the first place.

As for sitting there and dialing 999, sorry but you wouldn't just sit there having a chat with some call centre person on the phone whilst some guys smash your windows in, really, you wouldn't. The guy is just feet away from you, the nearest police help once you have confirmed location etc is going to be minutes away, thats too late.

Im regularly on Liveleak, and theres now video showing the same bikers intimidating cars before the event, riding on pavements and generally being arseholes. Theres also another video from a year ago of the same bikers attacking another car that got in their way ......... think they probably had it coming TBF, well done Rangey driver :thumbs:

As for sitting there and dialing 999, sorry but you wouldn't just sit there having a chat with some call centre person on the phone whilst some guys smash your windows in, really, you wouldn't. The guy is just feet away from you, the nearest police help once you have confirmed location etc is going to be minutes away, thats too late.

I would've got the wife to call while I concentrated on the running over driving.

Don't understand the bikers reactions, just mob mentality. If I was the RR driver, calling the police would have been the last thing on my mind until I felt safe. All I would have been thinking about is getting out of there which is what the driver did. When they surround the vehicle at the next set of lights, my attitude would have changed and would no longer be in flight mode. It would be time for fight. It's at that point (the repeated second major intimidation) that I would have quite honestly been trying to run over as many of the bikers as I could because if I was the driver at that point I would be fearing for my life. It's natural human survival instincts, fight or flight, the RR driver tried flight to no avail.

Im regularly on Liveleak, and theres now video showing the same bikers intimidating cars before the event, riding on pavements and generally being arseholes. Theres also another video from a year ago of the same bikers attacking another car that got in their way ......... think they probably had it coming TBF, well done Rangey driver :thumbs:

Ahh more light shed on the situation

If I was driving with my wife and 17 month old son in the car and was surrounded by 50+ bikers fuelled by mob mentality, then I'd probably have done exactly the same thing to get my family and myself out of the situation.

However, what we don't see is what caused the situation in the first place, if it was bad driving on the RR drivers part, then he should have tried not to get into the situation in the first place.

When Im out on the road I just get out of the way of bikers. I automatically assume they will ride and use the road like a complete and utter tool until they prove different. Ill pull over to the left and give them as much room to overtake as possible (because they invariably will, regardless of speed limit, double white lines, bollards or anythig else). I just get out of the way or make it as easy as possible for them to be anywhere other than near me.

If it was 50 bikers I saw in my mirror, I'd probably pull over into the nearest side road until they had all gone.

If you brake test a RRS, you'd better be driving a tank.

Very true, brake testing a range rover - even the gay girly sport version, is stupid. When laden with fuel and two adults, that car weighs around 2.7 metric tons. If it has a head on collision with a motorcycle and rider with combined weight of 260kg, at just 30 mph, the range rover would keep going at over 27 mph. A range rover hitting a stationary bike wouldn't even flinch. You may as well fire an air rifle at a train. Its one of the main, and selfish, reasons I bought such a car in the first place.

If it was 50 bikers I saw in my mirror, I'd probably pull over into the nearest side road until they had all gone.

Very commendable. Now watch the videos on this page: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664 and this one: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=81e_1380656714

Why should you pull over just because there more than 12 bikers? Being in a big gang doesnt give them the right to do what they want, I think the RR driver should be given some kind of award :lol:

Very commendable. Now watch the videos on this page: http://www.liveleak....=3cd_1380579664 and this one: http://www.liveleak....=81e_1380656714

Why should you pull over just because there more than 12 bikers? Being in a big gang doesnt give them the right to do what they want, I think the RR driver should be given some kind of award :lol:

He did a punch in the face or two!