End of Mallory Park, what a shame..!!!

WhackyWill

I have spent many a happy day at Mallory Park, both as a spectator and a competitor.

What a shame people buy a property next to a Racing Circuit and then spend all their time trying to

close it...Brands is under the same threat..GP Circuit at Brands is now only used a few times a year

due to local residents who only moved there a few years ago..!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Mallory-Park-Motorsport-forced-into-administration&newsid=10595

Its not quite that straightforward, Mallory had an agreement dating back to 1985 regarding noise that they had been forced to breach recently to remain financially viable. The court ruled in favour of the residents rather than the racetrack so theyve got nowhere to go :(

Lets see how happy they re when they get a large housing association estate replacing the circuit shall we? From what I hear Castle Combe will probably go the same way before too long as well :(

• Like 1

We'll this is gutting! I was hoping they'd hold another awesomefest there before it went!

Ill be livid if the same thing happens to castle Coombe, as far as I see it, it's like moving next to Heathrow and complaining about the planes!

All of which are good reasons we, as trackday goers, should be making every effort to reduce the noise from our cars when we go. Don't put an exhaust on which is close to the limit, just put the stock one on or add extra silencers: No point being the loudest or best-sounding on track if you're not going to win anything.

Don't give the Nimby's any ammo.