Belts...

MrE004

Hey Everyone.

Without jumping straight to PM Zmanalex, what are the options for buying a set of belts for my 06 Zed?

I had my P2 Service at Westover (Great Customer relations and everything expected) recently and got some advisories on some points (brakes and tyres mainly but I'm fairly happy with plans for that). The issue I had really was belts.

My AC belt (no idea where this should be) is gone, which would explain why my AC doesn't work anymore and my AUX and CAM belts are both shiney (I assume this is the lamination of the rubber prior to it braking).

So my question is: how much for a full set of belts? Is it worth buying them myself or going back to Westover and getting it all done?

Could I fit them myself (Or ZedShed it with enough bribery :-D)?

Or because it is the Cam Belt is it too big a task and should be back to Nissan?

Umm...I think thats it but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mr E

No cam belt. Two belts at front of engine. Gates micro-V are the way to go. Alex does provide these at a decent price. Not sure what other traders offer.

Easy job if you have the correct tools. Decent socket set and some ramps are required. Makes sure the socket set has a decent size breaker bar also.

Job is probs an hour max for a rookie with correct tools

Pm Mitz at CS and zmanalex and see what they can do for you.

The upgraded Blue Horizon belts manufactured by Gates is definately the way to go.

As Neil has correctly stated there is no cam belt as the cams are chain driven.

Remember that you are well advised to replace the pulley tensioner nuts when doing this job.

Gates upgraded Blue Horizon belts and tensioner pulley nuts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

We will not be beaten on price.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further,

Alex. :)