Rear Wiper Removal (Delete) - 370Z - Anyone ?

Suits

Has anyone here removed their rear wiper from their 370Z ??

I know it was a popular thing on the 350Z but I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences with the 370Z.

It's nuts as the American's order and fit them to theirs as they didn't get them but ourselves and the JDM lot did.

I'm not a fan and think that it breaks the natural flow of the rear of the car, I'll get some Rain-X and a grommet I think.

The 350 suits (if you pardon the pun), the delete, would be interesting to see it done on a 370, and I suppose it's an easy enough mod to put back if it didn't look right. My girl that bought the Mini Coupe, really misses the rear wiper, they don't have it, and I must admit, I think I would as well.

I can't really see much out my rear window anyway, so any assistance is welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, sweet man.

Easy enough ???

Any tips ??

Real easy. 30min job. Just be careful removing the boot lid trim not to snap any fastners. You can also remove the weight that's housed in the same compartment - i think there are 4 bolts that hold it in place. I found no detriment in opening and closing boot lid with the weight removed. I think with wiper motor+wiper arm+this aforementioned weight removed comes to around 2 to 3 kilo weight saving - every little helps!

p.s. I think I used 25mm grommet for wiper arm hole and 20mm grommet for washer nozzle - bought from Halfords.

Cheers,

Scotty

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thread revival!

Looking to do this today but have evry limited tools available to me at my flat. What do I need exactly and also, will the fact that the pipe for the washer fluid still being there cause any problems with it leaking into the boot etc? Or is that what the second grommet is for?

Hey man, I did this, it's simple, I left the washer nozzle there, just removed the wiper arm and motor.

Its about 10 10mm bolts and a bit of elbow grease.

To go Halfords and buy a 25mm rubber grommet to fill the space left by the wiper arm.

The hardest bit is removing the internal boot plastics.

I think I documented doing it in my thread.

Hey man, I did this, it's simple, I left the washer nozzle there, just removed the wiper arm and motor.

Its about 10 10mm bolts and a bit of elbow grease.

To go Halfords and buy a 25mm rubber grommet to fill the space left by the wiper arm.

The hardest bit is removing the internal boot plastics.

I think I documented doing it in my thread.

Dewipered mine a while ago, looks far better and sportier, never had an issue in bad weather plus I use rain away just in case, mines black so you dont notice the rubber cap.. do it!!...

Steve V - That 64 plate looks great.

What colour is that ?? Kind of looks burnt orange. Very nice.

Did it come like that from the factory or did you remove it ??

It's Magma red. Base model comes without wiper.

Like the US ones .. No hole I suppose too ?

Thats right. Differences are:- No sat nav. Leather, only 4 speakers,Full size spare wheel,18"wheels,Slimmer tyres,No cruise control,No rear wiper.

Thats right. Differences are:- No sat nav. Leather, only 4 speakers,Full size spare wheel,18"wheels,Slimmer tyres,No cruise control,No rear wiper.

Same as my base except I didn't get leather ..