My nightmare continues....

Kylefly

Doesn't matter at all, you used the car as consideration + money in exchange for goods. You will get the value of your purchase back, your old car is their problem.

Of course, they may just fix it now yo' gettin' legal on their ass, which is their legal right to do so, and I suspect what you'd prefer.

At least you got good money for your trade in.

I traded my RS4 in a trade price (which was way lower than market value) but because the car I traded against was lower - the difference was actually less. BUT then the car I bought was defective, so car went back and additional finance was cancelled. I also only got back trade value on my RS4 as they had sold it on (probably at a profit - to offset the reduced price of their car).

Long story short - I didn't get market value for my car.

You on the other hand may actual score out of it....as you mentioned you got a great trade in price.

Good luck.

Can you still request your money back if they say they'll repair it? I've lost confidence in them. The repair could take forever and the quality of the repair may not be good enough.

No. As long as the repair is of satisfactory quality and is completed within a reasonable amount of time, then that's all they have to do. They may choose to refund you, but they do not have to.

Satisfactory quality should mean that everything works and it looks good, and reasonable amount of time could be up to two weeks if it's something major, otherwise one week should be enough. Of course, if they needed a special part to repair and it was on back order of a month, then that would then be seen to be reasonable as you wouldn't be able to get the repair done quicker anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Very long story short, a month or 28 days is the point where I can take it further and a repair is no longer an option. It was supposed to be ready last Fri but wasn't. I phoned earlier today and was told this weekend, just on the month mark.....

I've been told the oil pump had gone causing excessive engine wear. Pump has been replaced and the cylinder heads were sent off to be reconditioned-this is what the bulk of waiting has been around, the company doing it for them only sent them back yesterday.

Lets just hope I can pick my car up this weekend and it sounds brand new and I can put this behind me. Its been utterly draining....

I am hoping for your sake it isnt ready this weekend and you can get your money back, unless its been full rebuilt i am not sure i would want it back :(

100% agree... they would have more than likely done it on the cheap too.