Hello

J4CKO

I think the milltek exhausts are good quality and also not too loud. Also a close to standard look. Not sure on the price of them, I'm sure someone else will be able to clarify. I will be replacing mine with one when it needs doing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Think Milltek maybe more than I want to pay, have enough left in the budget but don't want to spend the lot on an exhaust, am thinking more like £500 or less., only paid seven grand for the car, got it cheaper, 07 GT convertible with 33k and full Nissan history due to a few dents, a nick in the hood and kerbed wheels, have two grand left but need to do those bits and keep a bit by. Might whip the oem one off and get busy with the mig, well one way or another I will, repair the original for refitting if I decide to have a change, loving it so far, broken exhaust notwithstanding !

Mine was registered March 07, I did read that the early 06 ones had the oil problem, I do check it regularly anyway, kind of hoping it isn't an oil guzzler, doubt the previous owner checked it much as, though a nice chap he wasn't what you would call super knowledgeable.

It won't be doing huge miles, was serviced 1000 miles ago and oil was pretty much to the top of the range, no evidence of sloppage, oil cartons or anything.

Just ordered a new exhaust, the Cobra one, I like the current noise but it's a little over the top.

Welcome. Make sure you check the oil regularly. One or two of the MY06 models had problems with excessive oil consumption. Just make sure you check frequently until you have a good understanding of its oil usage.

Chubbster, I hold you personally responsible for the death on an innocent Slug, your post set off my paranoia so I scuttled off to check my oil having realised I only checked it before leaving for the 150 mile drive and the another 150 miles since I got back, oil level was exactly where it was when I checked it the other day, the slug died as I entered the garage and stood on it, barefoot !

So, quite happy that it's not using much or any oil, as if 300 miles means its not moved, it probably is ok, a relief.

I find with oil sage you get into a checking and top up routine, some use none, some a little and some drink it, my worst being a Fiat Coupe Turbo, that was a litre every couple of hundred, it was screwed, my Saab 9-3 Aero used a bit but not a big deal, hoping at 33k this is still new enough to avoid it for a while yet.

Good choice with the Cobra :thumbs: Have you gone for the resonated or non?

I'm now just gonna take a moment, and suggest we all do, just to pay our respects to that poor slug.

Should've got a crash helmet like his mate the snail.

Good choice with the Cobra :thumbs: Have you gone for the resonated or non?

I'm now just gonna take a moment, and suggest we all do, just to pay our respects to that poor slug.

Should've got a crash helmet like his mate the snail.

Gone for the resonated, didnt fancy the added drone.

Slug was buried at sea (well the bog) shrouded in tissue

First mod today, carbon wrapped the scratched door switch panels, pleased with the result, wife not so keen but its my car.

New number plate tomorrow as its a bit scabby and will get the paint for the wheels.

The hood is going to get a coat or two of renovo and will deal wth the tiny nick in it.

Exhaust on way and when thats done, will get it sent in for the parking dents to be sorted.

Then maybe, nice head unit.

makign it sound like a shed, it still feels like a new car, its just that the previous owner wasnt quite as fussy as me and I want it perfect.