wierd belt issue... (not normal)

cragybar

hi guys,

Ive a problem with my 350 intermittently usually when its been raining, when you start the car the fan squeels.... now this on its own is not too much of an issue.

I have noticed that this is causing the alternator not to charge. now your thinking loose belt.

if I go any tighter with the belts im afraid ill start ripping bearings out of things. belts are that tight that they have been smoking! I have changed the belts twice, ive had the alternator bearings replaced incase they were seizing or sticking, this is really getting annoying...

any suggestions?

please im fit to scream.

if this is a quirk of the 350 that's fine but im just sick of tyring to fix it with no luck...

Your Fans don't squeal - we don't have a "fan" belt, both the fans on the 350 rad are electric (just to clear that up)

2 possibilities I can think of - 1 your battery is on it's way out and trying to draw large amounts of power just after start to "recharge"

However I would think it more likely that your alternator is on it's last legs, could be a bearing but it's is causing to much resistance when cold.

Get the battery checked it that's not it I would be dropping a PM to ZmanZlex for a pre owned alternator :thumbs:

This is of course just my opinion and could be complete twoddle :)