It's started

zxrob

Right

Just put a deposit down on a 350z roadster and straightt away couple of my biking mates are trying to tell me how my bikes will obliterate the car, well, wooopy fecking do, I know that, cant get it over to the thick gits that sometimes you buy something cause, well, you like it

I do a lot of trackdays on my bikes and have bought the car for purley pleaseure purposes :)

I give up sometimes

Rob

You cant compare cars to bikes. I also have a few mates that have bikes and they do tend to rip the **** with regards my "hairdresser" shed. However put that down to jealousy. Would you rather have a 350z or a Vectra???

Yes the Roadster ain't that fast, but its nice to use when the suns out. I also have a younger kid that is just too small yet to ride pillion on the bike. My wife uses our other car so no choice but to be a two car / one bike family.

The bike on the other hand is just for me....helps get me away from wife / kids when the needs arise.

I'm lucky enough to have both, and get a different buzz from each one.

Welcome Rob. What bikes have you got? Assume with OP name its a Kawa?

Edited by aidan

And a Typhoon Euro fighter would obliterate their bikes...the comparison is about as valid. Sorry I know they are your mates but comparing bikes to cars is just daft. I assume they mean it in jest. Just ask them how many suitcases they can fit in the boot and where the heater controls are when its pouring with rain and zero degrees...

But welcome to Zed ownership, lots of fun will be had!

And a Typhoon Euro fighter would obliterate their bikes...the comparison is about as valid. Sorry I know they are your mates but comparing bikes to cars is just daft. I assume they mean it in jest. Just ask them how many suitcases they can fit in the boot and where the heater controls are when its pouring with rain and zero degrees...

But welcome to Zed ownership, lots of fun will be had!

Totally agree

I have always wanted a Z, yes there are lots of cars to chooose from, bmw, audi, bla bla, but the look of the Zed just does it for me and it will go nicely with my Nissan Qashqai and the wifes Juke ;)

Rob

Edited by zxrob

Welcome Rob. What bikes have you got? Assume with OP name its a Kawa?

Hi

I have a ZXR750K1 race bike, a ZX7R and a SP1

All give me lots of pleasure in a different way

Rob

Nice collection Rob. Admit have a bit of a soft spot for Kawas - 3 zx6s, 1 zx7 (briefly - long story) and zx10r over the last 18 years. All good in their own ways.

Edited by aidan

I've had lots of bikes and loved them for many years. I had the ZXR750J1 (with the hoover tubes), wanted a ZX7R but got a GSXR SRAD instead.

Anyways, my Zed has become my bike. I now prefer to get out in my Zed rather than get my bike out, which now sits alone, on paddock stands, plugged into an Optimate, un-used. Poor thing.

The track days will still give the adrenaline kick needed. And no risk of someone pulling out of a T junction either.

:welcome: Congrats on your new purchase. Get new mates.

Welcome!

As a fellow biker, it does surprise me how elitist some people can be. Though one of my friends had no concept of how fast bikes can be, and despite having a bmw 335 he was gobsmacked at the pace of a bike on full chat!

The zed isn't supposed to be a bike beating vehicle, it's a great GT, comfortable, with enough power to make you grin, and a soundtrack that makes you want to drive it more. Whilst I love bikes, I'd rather be in a zed for a long journey, though for fun sweeping roads it's a tough call!

Welcome!

As a fellow biker, it does surprise me how elitist some people can be. Though one of my friends had no concept of how fast bikes can be, and despite having a bmw 335 he was gobsmacked at the pace of a bike on full chat!

I know

Mate of mine (scooby and audi owner) was nearly crying when he got off the back of my bike :lol: , his face was full of terror, hadn't got the heart to tell him we were only doing a ton ;)

Rob

• Like 1