Fairlady badge

nixy

This is the first thing I want to get rid of! So, is it a hairdryer job or does it leave holes? I'd rather have nothing there than the fairlady badge! I've never actually taken a badge of a car with a hairdryer - is it safe and anyone got any tips to avoid scratches?

Fair Lady and later Fairlady - The name given to the first line of sports cars designed and built by Nissan Motors Japan after W.W.II, with the specific intent of being marketed in the USA - 1960.

The name "Fair Lady" was given to the new sports car line by Mr. Katsuji Kawamata, President Of Nissan Motors Japan, after he attended the Broadway Musical "My Fair Lady" while visiting the US in 1958. He felt that the name would invoke an image of beauty for the car - because people would think of the beauty of the music and the leading lady in that Broadway Musical.

More here: http://zhome.com/History/FairladyName.html

I like the Badge anyway. I'm keeping mine.

see... granted the name probably works better in Japan

how many car names have this kind of thought?

ProtoSidedrawingsBW.gif

golf, corrado, polo, civic, micra, primera, ibiza, touareg, cayenne, qashqai, ... :yuck:

If you get rid of the badges, there will be too much metal exposed, and would look bare, and potentially "bum looks big"...comments...

Sarnie got a big wing which balances the overall aspect of the RR ...

...It is amazing what a badge can do to break the shape & size of a panel

Just my opinion... you'll have to judge it by yourself...

Definately worth changing to the 350z logo from CourtesyParts..looks great and only $24? Though why is their postage for a logo over $60?!

Nixy - did u change the seat covers on your JDM Z? Ive also got the S version.. id like to do the same. Who did it for u and how much was it?

£400!! .. :mellow: i saw on ebay custom 350z replacement leather seat covers from US for under £200..They state theyre a direct replacement..graphite colour.

I've seen some of those covers that guy's in the States have had fitted , they are absolute garbage :headhurt: besides which they wont fit RH drive cars :)