Am I mad?

YHTM

I am about to purchase this black 05 Roadster, with some really helpful advice from Sarnie, and sell my 03 BMW 330Ci Convertible. My partner says I am mad and it won't be as good as the BMW. I've had a long test drive and really like the 350Z and cannot be otherwise persuaded. Anyone else think I am mad???

photo.html?c_photo=1321546172

photo.html?c_photo=1321545684

Hopefully the two cars should be shown - bit of guesswork with placing them there as I can't find any 'help' on inserting images. Hopefully someone will put me right!

Hi mate,

Pictures weren't coming up so I re-hosted them for you. :thumbs:

330ci.jpg

350z.jpg

In my opinion, I think you are doing exactly the right thing! My brother has had a few 330's and when I got my Z he fell in love with it!!!

Don't look back, go get the Z!! :thumbs:

your mad :thumbs:

for even thinking your mad :teeth:

You are making a great choice. Hate BMW so common. 350z has one of the best residuals better looking rarer, sexier, better appreciated faster, fun loving, ....

and Id say your partner is very coniving as she knows you are going to get attention :thumbs:

Iv have a 330d & then bought the Zed. I use the Zed & me & the mrs use the BMW. You cant really compare the two, each has itspros & cons. You wont get the fun & excitement in the BMW but you will get more refinement/overall comfort especially in traffic & long journeys IMO. Things such as visibility; seats in the back; boot space etc which you took for granted in the BMW, you will miss in the zed. But saying that you get a much bigger smile when you put your foot down & take a set of corners in the zed!

You are all right about the 'common' touch, living in Sarf Larndon it's full of silver 3 series convertibles, I have yet to see a Roadster in months of looking and about 4/5 350's in total - so that is definitely one of the attractions especially they look so good.

The BM is built well and being a straight 6 auto is incredibly smooth but................... when I floored the test drive 350 on the one dual carriageway in Croydon (sorry Ancaster I had to do it!) I just knew I had to have one!!

Bit worried about the crap build quality comment - I've not come across that before - what is others experience?

You are all right about the 'common' touch, living in Sarf Larndon it's full of silver 3 series convertibles, I have yet to see a Roadster in months of looking and about 4/5 350's in total - so that is definitely one of the attractions especially they look so good.

The BM is built well and being a straight 6 auto is incredibly smooth but................... when I floored the test drive 350 on the one dual carriageway in Croydon (sorry Ancaster I had to do it!) I just knew I had to have one!!

Bit worried about the crap build quality comment - I've not come across that before - what is others experience?

build quality is fine , just some cheapish plastics used in the interior treatment...had worse , had better ;)

Where do you live?? Ancaster's is my local dealer as well so if you wanted to have a look at one in depth, i'd be happy to meet up with you and give the the low down. :thumbs:

I've had loads of cars of all sorts and hopefully in times to come will have lots more but the Zed still makes the hairs on my neck stand up when its tail slips out and 'missbehaves' a little.

I had a 5 series BMW 3.5 litre cruise mobile that I enjoyed for lots of different reasons

BUT

Mrs MING loves the Zed like nothing I have owned before!! ;)

I still look round when one comes past but cannot say the same about a BMW 3 series unless it is an M3 rag top.

Botrh cars are good but for different reasons and at different things.

Good luck you will enjoy it!!

Ming the Impatient (Mine is back tomorrow)

I was specifically after a black roadster and found it really hard to locate one with low mileage and nearly new, this one has just been imported and I am waiting for the SVA to be sorted next week.

I realise that it would be of less resale value than the equivalent UK model but there again is probably cheaper to purchase. Are you saying that it will depreciate faster than a UK model?? Given its rarity (as opposed to say Sunset Bronze) I am not so sure.

I was specifically after a black roadster and found it really hard to locate one with low mileage and nearly new, this one has just been imported and I am waiting for the SVA to be sorted next week.

I realise that it would be of less resale value than the equivalent UK model but there again is probably cheaper to purchase. Are you saying that it will depreciate faster than a UK model?? Given its rarity (as opposed to say Sunset Bronze) I am not so sure.

An import will naturally depreciate more than a uk car. But as you say, you buy cheap and sell cheap :)

Please do not let the 'import' issue put you off.

The only benefit of a nearly new British car is the manufacturers warranty and from what I have heard thats no big deal.

The importer I bought from gave me a 12 month warranty with the car so you cannot gripe at that!!

Imports are cheaper and sell cheaper but the depreciation is the same.

They have also NOT seen 2, 3 or 4 salty winters so should be in better condition and lower mileage.

Get it bought and enjoy it.

Ming the considered