Reverse Camera + iPod control on 370z without Connect Premium?

Adrian@TORQEN

Looking to source some interfaces that would help getting the reverse camera fitted and being able to play from iPod with the option to control from steering wheel buttons (next track / prev track, etc) an not through the AUX stereo jack, also being able to charge the iPod.

I've purchased the NavTool at a very good price from ebay, made an offer of $150 which was accepted and should get it quite soon, it says it landed in UK already.

2009 Nissan 370Z Navigation Video Unlock Adapter Add DVD NAV TV Back-Up Camera

My zed is a Nissan 370z GT Ultimate October 2009 (standard version, not Connect Premium), so it doesn't have Camera Menu in the hidden settings :shrug:

For iPod integration I was looking at something like these:

http://www.pac-audio...ions_050610.pdf

Peripheral iSimple PXAMG/PGHNI2 iPod/iPhone Adapter

or

ISNI572 ISIMPLE iPod/iPhone Radio Interface for INFINITY and NISSAN Vehicles NEW

or

Digital iPod/iPhone Adapter Interface for select Nissan/Infiniti Factory Radios

For the reverse camera considering:

Kenwood eXcelon CMOS 210 Universal Rear-View Back-Up Camera

or the cheap version which is supposedly very good.

SONY CCD Car CAMERA For Nissan Livina Cube GT-R Pulsar Versa Fairlady 350Z 370Z

Yesterday I purchased the GromAudio IPD3 interface which arrived today, after I agreed to the seller to return it in case it won't fit.

2013-09-05_16-19-45.jpeg

http://www.gromaudio...ithout_cat.html

and only found out that it does not fit, so I had to send it back for refund.

However, got the stereo out and these are the details:

2013-09-05_16-16-15.jpeg

and here are the ports behind:

2013-09-05_16-17-37.jpeg

which obviously do not fit:

2013-09-05_16-20-22.jpeg

I was also looking at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140832153798 but it says "2009 & Up Nissan 370z: Models equipped with navigation are not compatible" and I have the navigation model :)

Any ideas on how I can integrate / control the iPod from the OEM stereo without Connect Premium?

Edited by octet

• 4 months later...

Jeeso that's a lot of work! Any luck so far? I've seen a 2009 z which I would like to buy and I also want the reverse camera and iPod integration :s

I'm eagerly subscribed to this thread! Keep me posted on your development. You seem a lot handier than me! Lol

• 1 month later...

IV got a gt ultimate 59 plate as well, how much roughly would it cost to put in a reverse camera?

it's more difficult with a pre-premium connect head unit, you will need a nav tool style interface to integrate the camera, these vary in price

Edited by GIXXERUK

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is brilliant thanks for the pictures and detail given. I have just replaced my old 350Z GT4 with a March 2010 370Z GT (standard version, not Connect Premium) also doesn't have Camera Menu in the hidden settings.

Do you have a picture of the rear of the Satnav screen at all or know whether on the rear of it there is one or two connectors? I have been told that the Naviks Navigation Video Interface TV DVD iPod Backup Camera Unit should work okay with my system but they have two solutions depending on this.

Any help much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...