350Z UK GT Edition - Gunmetal - '54 Plate **NEW PICS ADDED**

Louisa911

Regretfully it's time to put my 350Z up for sale, as I'm heading back to the VW world due to needing a van for surfing and mountain biking. Been relying on other people for transportation for too long now and I need to face reality again!

I'm located near Kendal / Lancaster, in the North West, about 10 minutes drive from Junctions 36 / 35 of the M6 Motorway.

Spec

It's a 2004 (54) Nissan 350Z UK GT edition, in Gunmetal Grey with 75,000 miles. Totally standard bar a couple of minor cosmetic changes which I shall cover later.

The car is equipped with full GT Pack featuring:

Gold Brembo Brakes

Cruise Control

Air Con with Climate Control

Bose Stereo

Black leather electric heated seats with contrasting orange stitching

Trip Computer

It also has the optional extra parking sensors in the rear, which work perfectly and consistently.

It has the 18" Rays Forged Alloy Wheels which are in excellent condition, and look to have had a refurb at some point as there is none of the usual bubbling or flaking on any of them.

The car runs out of tax end of next month, however I will include 6 months tax for the buyer if I get close enough to my asking price. Will be going through an MOT this week, so will come with a full 12 months MOT.

HPI clear, and still have the printout from when i did a report in February this year.

History

21/03/2005 - 9,441 Miles P1 @ Beadles Nissan Maidstone

01/09/2005 - 18,683 Miles P2 @ Beadles Nissan Maidstone

20/03/2006 - 27,357 Miles P1 @ Beadles Nissan Maidstone

24/04/2008 - 38,200 Miles P3 @ Evans Halshaw Nissan Doncaster

11/09/2008 - 48,088 Miles P1 @ Evans Halshaw Nissan Doncaster

09/10/2009 - 54,760 Miles P2 @ Chorley Nissan, Burnley

04/04/2011 - 61,343 Miles P1 @ Chorley Nissan, Burnley

14/04/2013 - 73,000 Miles P3 @ Town End Garage, Casterton

I purchased the Zed from a reputable performance vehicle garage in Wigan at the start of this year, and since then it has not asked for any work to be done, or let me down in any way at all. The garage chap I bought from informed me it was being sold on behalf of a friend and customer of theirs, and had been maintained regardless of cost. It had just been fitted with new brake disks and pads which still look almost new.

It has full Nissan main dealer service history, with exceptions of the most recent service (a full major P3 service) which I had carried out at my partner's very reputable family run garage. Having a mechanic as a partner has also meant that it had a thorough inspection upon purchase and always had someone mechanically minded on the lookout for any potential issues. None have arisen and it feels tight as a nut!

When I bought the car, I had two new rear tyres put on, £450 worth of Michelin Super Sports, which have only covered about 2000 gentle miles so are pretty much still as new. The fronts are Vredstein Ultrac Sessentas (great tyres) and still have 4-5mm tread left.

Exterior

Again totally standard apart from a stubby aerial (perfect signal, RDX aerial rather than some useless replica) and a Plastidipped front bumper lip which in my opinion looks fantastic, prevents stone chips, and having been on for several months now is still looking as fresh as the day I sprayed it!

If it doesn't take your fancy, its a 5 minute job to peel it back off again leaving no trace :)

The bodywork is very tidy for the age of the vehicle - there are very few stone chips (which are usually very common on 350Zs-) I believe it must have had a front bumper respray to remove these with a previous owner. If this is the case, they've done a great job and the respray finish is just as good as the rest of the bodywork.

The paintwork has always been taken care of, regularly washed, polished and waxed with Dodo Juice or Autoglym products. The metallic flakes are amazing after a good wash!

There are a couple of tiny marks to mention - the front underside of the bumper has a bit of a scrape but this is only noticeable if you are low down and looking for it. There's a hairline scratch just above this too, near the reg.plate, but again nothing too noticeable. There is a tiny paint flake on the roof but I think this is just where a stone chip has been painted over with touchup.

And if being really really picky, a very small paint defect on the rear spoiler (less than 1cm patch where the paint looks a bit darker).

And that really is about it regarding bodywork, its in great condition.

As mentioned before, the Rays are in excellent condition and look to have already been refurbished at some point. The Brembo brake callipers are still in excellent condition with no paint flaking or bubbling.

Interior

The interior of the Zed is pretty good considering the age and usual condition they can end up in. Carpets are all spotless, boot lining still looks new, never been smoked in. The gear knob has the usual leather wear and some of the plastics have some scratches (a few hairline ones on the main dash cubby hole door around the button, and more slightly deeper but shorter ones around the drivers door lower cubby hole) again, seems to be a common issue with the 350z. Most people choose to 'plastidip' these too and resolve the issue!

The only thing I feel that lets the car down is the drivers seat bolster, which is suffering from the usual wear and tear. There is a rip in the bolster through to the foam (about 4cm), and several lines of scuffing where the leather is wearing thin.

Again this is a common issue with the seats, but literally the only main bad point about the car. I was just planning on buying a replacement which you can pick up a pair of leather seats pretty cheap on eBay or from a salvage company for a couple hundred pounds, alternatively it could probably be re-trimmed. I just don't have anybody local to do this for me!

I'm going to give the interior a good clean out this saturday so will post up some more recent photographs a.s.a.p.

It has the 350z footwell carpets which are still in great condition too.

Misc

My 350z has always been run on Shell Optimax, other than the odd occasion or two I've had to top up a tenner to get me to the nearest station (unfortunately thats been 14 miles away for me!)

I've always driven it carefully and ensured its warmed up before any higher revs.

Really will be quite sad to see it go, been my dream car since I was a kid but its just not practical for me to keep anymore. I do a 4 mile round commute to work which just isn't what this car is intended for, and need to be able to carry a mountain bike and surfboard around with me.

I've priced this car to sell at £6400 o.v.n.o, this is reflecting the seat wear. A really reliable, solid motor for this kind of money that gets endless looks from people and plenty of comments. I'm in no desperate rush to sell, so not open to any ridiculous offers!

NOTE:

In some of the pics the car is sporting a private plate- this is not included, it was the previous owners' private reg which I had on my car for ages until a few months ago. I shall be taking fresh photographs this weekend if I get chance so will update this thread with new ones a.s.a.p.

Would possibly be interested in PX with a VW Transporter (T5) or perhaps even a real cheap bargain shed to drive around in until I find the right van. Try me!

Thanks, any questions please feel free to email:

louisa.biggin@hotmail.co.uk

If you'd like to call me, message for my mobile number. I don't get great signal at home but feel free to ring during office hours, usually have my mobile on me.

Thanks!

Here are some pics - as I said, shall try upload some brand new ones by the end of the weekend including the interior.

AIMG_7508.jpg

AIMG_7506.jpg

56166327-ab50-4ffe-82a6-71df4b211fb5.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

AIMG_7494.jpg

AIMG_7476.jpg

Edited by Louisa911

Be careful having you email and moby on the open net kid........nasty spiders and other creepy crawlies will be along to scamper off with them

Point you have there :) I did think twice but have removed the mobile just in case. Message me for my mobile number please folks :)

Cheers dude!

Took some more photos today after a quick wash over and a clean out inside. Its looking really really tidy, quite a sad day really, maybe my last ever bonding session!

I’ve also checked the MOT certificate and was wrongly thinking it had until March left until expiry but it needs doing shortly so will put it through this month, meaning the car will have a FULL YEAR of MOT remaining. (I had it in my head that the salesman had told me he was putting it through an MOT when I bought it in Feb.... must have realised it still had quite a few months remaining.)

Anyway, onto the photographs.... hopefully they speak more than words :)

IMG_9122-1.jpg

IMG_9125-1.jpgIMG_9130.jpgIMG_9131.jpgIMG_9138-1.jpgIMG_9139.jpgIMG_9140.jpgIMG_9148.jpgIMG_9150.jpgIMG_9154.jpgIMG_9156.jpgIMG_9159.jpgIMG_9188.jpgIMG_9194.jpgIMG_9197.jpgIMG_9199.jpgIMG_9202.jpg

Cheers

Louisa

Edited by Louisa911

UPDATE: car now has 12 months of MOT courtesy of local garage this evening, which it passed with no advisories at all.

Asked for a full check over, plugged into diagnostics machine where zero recorded faults were found.

Mechanically all great with nothing to report other than a very slight cracking to the alternator belt, so I will be having it back into the garage monday to get a new one put on.

Cheers

Louisa

That would be the dream lifestyle! Maybe the day I no longer have mountain bike direct debit payments coming out of my ears I can go back to having a nice car as well as a van. (a Zed of course!) There is already a VW T5 in our little family, however I can't get insured on it because its listed on the other half's motor trade policy... and lets not go into how expensive it would cost to add my name onto that!

Thanks guys! I've included everything I can think of, no point in hiding stuff.

Regarding the bolster, that was the plan - but I keep seeing vans I like, so could do with it going soon really. Dark nights are round the corner... Don't fancy spending weeks outside in the cold carpeting and fitting out a van conversion! :cold:

I understand the seat might be a small put-off, so as I said.... I am open to offers still. Nothing ridiculously cheeky please, but could do with having the Zed gone this month.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...