Questions about a car im interested in..

TomLum

Hi all, found a nice Z and wan to go have a look. However on the last MOT it has advisories for..

---------

Nearside Rear Parking brake efficiency only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.7)

Offside Rear Parking brake efficiency only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.A.7)

Both rear tyres worn on inner shoulders

---------

He has told me its just the rear parking brake that need adjusting and discs and pads are good. Does this sound right?

He also says tryes are worn like this due to alligment being out? I thought it might be worn suspension components or geometry out as its an inner shoulder?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Tom

Pretty normal stuff as far as I know ... sort the brakes and get an alignment done ... job jobbed !

Thats what i thought, but would alignment fix worn inner shoulders or does that suggest a camber issue or something?

If the car is lowered it's more likely to wear on the inside. Infact all Zeds will as they are produced with a degree of camber on the rear.

If the outside is near the limit and the inside on it then there's probably nothing wrong.

It just sounds like he got a grumpy mot guy to me.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Sounds like the car is fine then.

As other op's have said nothing major have you checked out the z's for sale on the forum?

Yes I have but the one I'm looking at has done 45k. No low milers in my price range currently for sale on the forum!

Edited by TomLum

Just a thought on this one, I wonder if the garage tested the brakes on the rollers or actually on the road using the old fashioned manual method like they should do on a zed. When I had mine MOT`d the guy said the machine they used to test the brakes whilst on the road was so sensitive that it was guaranteed a pass even even if the brakes were barely working.