Going to see a 350z help with oil pressure

newkid

Hi :D im going to see a 53 plate 350z gt this week with 62000 miles on the clock. Its a fair price and if all is in order its everything I was lookong for. Only issue I have is that the gent selling it has informed me the oil pressure guage went a bit haywire and is now broken. I have read that it could be the sending unit but also that if the car really is running 0 oil pressure then its most likely a pump and a rebuild possibly ! Question is....how do I know which one it is ?

if the car is running 0 oil pressure it will explode after 500 yards. if the car drives fine and the water needle sits in the middle its probobly fine. If the car didnt have an oil pressure gauge you'd never know. As said though its a buyers market so if your not happy walk away, pleanty more out there.

Tell the seller to get it fixed as he will never be able to sell a car with 0 oil pressure, may be just

the sensor, but offer him a "grand" less for it, or tell him get it fixed. If he accepts a grand less for it

then your quids in...at 62k shouldn't be a problem with the bottom end.

Check first that there is oil in it to the correct level and it dosn't smell burnt..!!

But life a gamble...! :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Thanks for your help guys. Managed to get the price down by 500 but he hasnt got time to fix the fault. Im guessing an extended test drive will decide wether its going to die or not.

Get it checked out before you buy it. Buyer beware :scare: