Anyone know of Bonzai Imports?

James Junior

Bonsai Imports are a major importer of 350Z's and a lot of the cars on there are low mileage and look in great nick.

The prices are very very attractive.

http://www.bonsaicars.com/

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with this company or know anything about them?

I have called them and they seem very professional and appear to be a pretty large scale operation.

Would you guys buy import?

I am seriously considering doing this!

Feedback and opinions please!

Bonsai Imports are a major importer of 350Z's and a lot of the cars on there are low mileage and look in great nick.

The prices are very very attractive.

http://www.bonsaicars.com/

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with this company or know anything about them?

I have called them and they seem very professional and appear to be a pretty large scale operation.

Would you guys buy import?

I am seriously considering doing this!

Feedback and opinions please!

I've never heard a bad thing about them to be honest, they seem as slick as you can get.

Whether I'd buy a JDM would depend on how much you have to spend and how much you want to mod it :thumbs:

Hi mate and welcome...

Heard good stuff about Bonzai but they aint the cheapest pm Nixy she is using a very good company by the sounds of it.

Before buy an import you got to know the difference, which I have only just learnt so here are the differences incase you didnt knw:

JDM Specs

Base---17" wheels, ABS,Brake assist,TCS,limited slip diff,xenon headlights

Version T---- leather seats, seven speaker bose

Version S-- 18" rims Brembo's and VDc(instead of TCS ? )but no leather

Version ST--leather +Version S spec

rear spoilers/sat nav and side airbags ordered as extras on all specs + loads of other Extras not seen on UK cars like auto fold mirrors ,different steering wheels, footwell illumination etc etc...

Would I get an import, hmm, depends, if I did not get about resale value and how hard it would be to sell an import, If i did not getter about higher insurance, and If I wanted to heavily mod the car.. then definatly.

Welcome to the nut house mate :thumbs:

Their only downfall from what i understand is they dont include all the costs for importing, and then the total price is more than originally thought. Other than that, i have been speaking to Emily from there for ages and they seem like a nice bunch ;)

Their only downfall from what i understand is they dont include all the costs for importing, and then the total price is more than originally thought. Other than that, i have been speaking to Emily from there for ages and they seem like a nice bunch ;)

Why have you been speaking to her? ;)B)

I had a bad experience of them in that they "lost" the paperwork so could not guarantee that it was the year they said it was. Took ages and lots of phone calls to get my deposit back.

Ended up buying a newer uk car for only a grand extra.

Why have you been speaking to her? ;)B)

No reason ;) I was interested in a car back in the day

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm importing one with them now - should be here back end of the month.

Bonsaicars seems very good so far, but watch out for a little creative accounting, read their terms and conditions .

Also get them to write and agree that there will be no other charges or fees added to the final OTR (on the road price) and that this is the full and final amount. :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

with hindsight I would still buy from them again but just makes sure before you bid/purchase make sure you get all the costs broken down, incl exchange rates, tax, MOT, immobilset etc as the T&Cs are not very friendly.

Great time to buy, cracking Exhange rate nearly 15% up from when I bought.

Just a tip - they may like they did with me try to charge you for an MOT service , prep and test (very vague and didnt know exactly what was included in this) - refuse to pay this if its under 3 years old as obviously you dont legally require it and also point out that speedo and fog are fitted as part of the ESVA test to make it road legal in the UK.

The exchange rate is very good right now so you should get a good deal - bare in mind the winning auction price is not what you have bid for the car but for the car , storage, auction fees, transport, deregistration but they dont break down anything whicj is major let down with them :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to upate this posting about Bonsaicars..

I just had my Z back from Bonsai and they did excellent service for me.. they sorted all the extras i wanted fitted and helped select a great car for me in Japan..

No negatives at all about them! Great job and no messing about..exactly how i like it :)