Learning curve

cmp999

I got a letter from the postman today, it contained a letter from the Police :blush: what did I learn from this! that the Z accelerates very quickly from 50 - 82mph (60 zone, not in a built up area), that you can get done for speeding whilst overtaking (large wagon), that even though I saw the camera van it was on the opposite carriageway and I was going away from it, that the laser cameras they use can catch you for up to a mile :scare: last speeding fine I got was in 1990 so a bit disappointed.

It can happen, I did a course, it was less horrific than you'd think, there was no patronising or belittling. In case you didn't guess it's not run by the LAPD (Lancashire Area Police Department).

I too have been surprised by the way the Zed picks up speed, without much effort, without a drop of gear and without an appreciable notice in "feeling fast". One of those things to chalk up to experience.

If given the option Then I probably would go on the course. This is more of a heads up for those like myself, that did not realise what these mobile cameras can do. The paperwork is completed now I just have to await the punishment, been told different things by mates, £60 & 3points, £60 + costs & 4 points, possible course and then someone mentioned £1000 & 6 points

Edited by cmp999

If given the option Then I probably would go on the course. This is more of a heads up for those like myself, that did not realise what these mobile cameras can do. The paperwork is completed now I just have to await the punishment, been told different things by mates, £60 & 3points, £60 + costs & 4 points, possible course and then someone mentioned £1000 & 6 points

You'll get a fixed penalty notice once the police get your paperwork. £60, 3 points, costs only incur if you decide to go to court.

Pete