Bird poo

cmp999

Went to the coast today, came back to the car to find a seagull had left a large deposit on the bonnet :scare: I tried to wipe it off with an autoglym wipe but it was too baked on, when we got home I soaked it in water and wiped it off. Unfortunately it has marked the paintwork, I tried polish but nothing, I tried a little t cut and polish again, the mark is not as bad but is still there. Any tips on how to sort it out, it is a Le mans blue 370z (I do not own a polishing machine) Cheers.

Went to the coast today, came back to the car to find a seagull had left a large deposit on the bonnet :scare: I tried to wipe it off with an autoglym wipe but it was too baked on, when we got home I soaked it in water and wiped it off. Unfortunately it has marked the paintwork, I tried polish but nothing, I tried a little t cut and polish again, the mark is not as bad but is still there. Any tips on how to sort it out, it is a Le mans blue 370z (I do not own a polishing machine) Cheers.

Where are you based? You tried detailer/Clay?

Claying it then then a decent polish should work. Surely, unless the bird poo'd sulphuric acid, it wont have marked the paint yet. Ive left poo on their in the summer heat for a week orso before (I know :nono: ) and it comes off.

If its really bad, a proper cutting compound on a DA should get it out, but I doubt its THAT bad.

Hi Ewan27, I'm based in West Yorkshire I have not tried detailer/clay as I don't have or have ever used it, I may have to buy some at the weekend and give it a go. cs2000 I could not believe it, it has been on the car for less than 8 hours but after wiping it off it left a dull stain in the paintwork, you do not see it looking down on the bonnet but when you look across the paintwork, I will try the clay at the weekend.

I'd also suggest Megs Ultimate Compound, which you can use by hand via a sponge applicator or a cloth. As with all such products, take it easy because if you overdo it you could make any defect worse. In theory, it should be removable if it hasn't gone through the lacquer (which would be incredibly bizarre for bird poop!).

Alternatively, see if someone who details cars for a living in your local area can have a look at it.

Hi Ewan27, I'm based in West Yorkshire I have not tried detailer/clay as I don't have or have ever used it, I may have to buy some at the weekend and give it a go. cs2000 I could not believe it, it has been on the car for less than 8 hours but after wiping it off it left a dull stain in the paintwork, you do not see it looking down on the bonnet but when you look across the paintwork, I will try the clay at the weekend.

I've had exactly this happen too. Every now and again you must just get the gull that's been out for 10 pints and ruby the night before.

I've had exactly this happen too. Every now and again you must just get the gull that's been out for 10 pints and ruby the night before.

I've got this on my bonnet as well after leaving the car with a garage for 6 weeks... clay bar and hand polishing with menz didn't touch it! I've also got bug splatter on my front bumper from 11 days driving through Europe in blistering heat which is similar. Just ordered a DA which arrived today so I'll have a go on Saturday if I have time before Sunday's Grasshopper meet - don't be suprised if I turn up in a grey/silver car! ;)