Automatic folding mirrors?

glastoveteran

Don’t want to be the voice of doom but I’m a sparky and although I haven’t looked at any wiring diagrams I wouldn’t have thought this was an easy 20 min job to do safely from either the ignition or the door lock cct.

1 Obtaining a live supply when ignition on = easy

From the door lock cct = Not so easy

2 Also, is it safe for the live to the mirror switch be on all the time? This may be the way it operates not, I don’t know.

If not, then either a timing cct or limit switch would be needed to cut the supply when the mirrors are extended/retracted.

4 When you turn the ignition off/ lock the door, how would you reverse the supply to the control cct and maintain it long enough for the mirrors to move back in board.

5 I would have thought this job would require one or all of these bits-- relays, timing ccts, limit switches, fuse and a lot more than 20 mins to get at the wiring points.

However I have been wrong before. Hope it is easy and safe. Good luck

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, i wouldnt have a clue how he done it then mate as it was done one he installed my mini mac and screen, and reinstalled the Bose speakers. All I know is when I pressed lock button they went in and when I pressed open they went out and both doors opened at same time rather than just the drivers side door.

I know i bumped this topic but my 350Z Gt uk comes with folding mirrors :) ... it has its own button beside the door. Is that normal or an optional extra?

Thats normal mate, were talking about having the mirrors fold in when you lock and unlock the car via the key fob :)

I know i bumped this topic but my 350Z Gt uk comes with folding mirrors :) ... it has its own button beside the door. Is that normal or an optional extra?

Thats normal mate, were talking about having the mirrors fold in when you lock and unlock the car via the key fob :)

ICIC :)

Excuse my ignorance hehe

What I have noticed though is that after he done it, I no longer have to press open button twice to get the passenger door open.

Anyone with a HR engined Zed can do that, I changed mine recently. I posted up how to do it recently. Its something like holding down both buttons for 5 seconds or something like that. :)

I've searched looooads and can't find any more info on this. I think that HR engined cars are MY07? Mine isn't sadly, but I'd still like to be able to do this, I've tried with no success... Does the car need to be locked or unlocked first? Press and release both buttons at the same time, or one first?

Cheers,

D.

What I have noticed though is that after he done it, I no longer have to press open button twice to get the passenger door open.

Anyone with a HR engined Zed can do that, I changed mine recently. I posted up how to do it recently. Its something like holding down both buttons for 5 seconds or something like that. :)

I've searched looooads and can't find any more info on this. I think that HR engined cars are MY07? Mine isn't sadly, but I'd still like to be able to do this, I've tried with no success... Does the car need to be locked or unlocked first? Press and release both buttons at the same time, or one first?

Cheers,

D.

No not just MY07's. Pretty sure it is GT4's and MY06's onwards. IIRC you hold both the open and lock button simultaneously for exactly five seconds. Took me a fair few attempts to time it right but it should work :blush:

you cant cos I am an official Z owner and have never upset anyone :p asked Shah to do it to my car again so he said next weekend will take step by step pictures of the process and he said he will do the step by step method and wiring, he said should only take around 30mins not 20mins soz all :thumbs:

you cant cos I am an official Z owner and have never upset anyone :p asked Shah to do it to my car again so he said next weekend will take step by step pictures of the process and he said he will do the step by step method and wiring, he said should only take around 30mins not 20mins soz all :thumbs:

We are all waiting on this, so no pressure ;)

Spoke to him went round his house as he wernt picking up phone, guy looks a mess, his girlfriend left him :thumbdown: nevertheless, manage to pursuade him that doing my car wingmirrors again would cheer him up lol, so this sat its on and he said he will figure out the wiring again and I can take pics, on the condition that I take him to a strip club after :thumbs:

but what about all them sweet nothings you use to whisper in my ears :cry:

youre just like every other man, just want one thing.........

a sweet ride (car) :teeth: