VIP Event - MY ARSE!!!

rogerxp

After a lot of deliberation of what to do with my motor, and not really finding anything else that floats my boat like a Zed, thought I'd see how much it's cost to get me into a younger car, so made an enquiry on a car at Westway. Made my enquiry online on Wednesday night, spoke to them yesterday, noticed this morning that they had a VIP Event - result I thought - the deal might be even sweeter. Not quite so it seems. Pretty average trade-in figure, not a penny knocked off the sticker price, and a frankly ridiculous finance figure of 8.4% flat rate. My initial reaction that I said to the salesman (which is fact) was that I could get behind the wheel of an brand new M3 on lease for less. So, VIP MY ARSE. The Zed stays for longer...

After a lot of deliberation of what to do with my motor, and not really finding anything else that floats my boat like a Zed, thought I'd see how much it's cost to get me into a younger car, so made an enquiry on a car at Westway. Made my enquiry online on Wednesday night, spoke to them yesterday, noticed this morning that they had a VIP Event - result I thought - the deal might be even sweeter. Not quite so it seems. Pretty average trade-in figure, not a penny knocked off the sticker price, and a frankly ridiculous finance figure of 8.4% flat rate. My initial reaction that I said to the salesman (which is fact) was that I could get behind the wheel of an brand new M3 on lease for less. So, VIP MY ARSE. The Zed stays for longer...

Which WestWay was it?

I think these "special" VIP events are the same regardless of mark. I actually had an invite through for a BMW "event" last week. As an existing BMW customer having forked out a small fortune on a car 18 months ago, they were keen to tell me that if I was to sign up and buy another brand new car, on finance of god knows what % they would give me the amazing sum of £500 cash back in my pocket.

I really cant imagine anyone rushing out to buy another £30k car on some ridiculous loan just to get £500 back.

Which WestWay was it?

Was WestWay in Oldham. They have a nice black GT Edition coupe for £24k which looked good value. Just didn't try at all to put a deal together which is strange given their 'VIP Event'. Like I say, I wasn't drawn in by the 'offer', it just happened to start 2 days after I made an e-mail enquiry. Still, thought they might have tried a bit harder...

Was WestWay in Oldham. They have a nice black GT Edition coupe for £24k which looked good value. Just didn't try at all to put a deal together which is strange given their 'VIP Event'. Like I say, I wasn't drawn in by the 'offer', it just happened to start 2 days after I made an e-mail enquiry. Still, thought they might have tried a bit harder...

I think the VIP events are often to push a certain car (e.g: juke launch etc) and they're so focused on trying to sell that 1 car they seem to forget they might make money selling other things, especially if it's a second hander rather than a new car.