Am I imagining it??

Katy

I could race them, in some cases beat them, in some cases not, but i don't feel the need to. i leave them to drive like the fool.

True - you can't beat someone in a race they're not participating in! That's even funnier when they're showing off to a passenger and you just let them tear off for no reason!

just going to chime in here!,

ive got a few ideas myself, and these are imho's

1, the car looks a hell of alot more than i piad for her - leading to people actually thinking you are driving something worth a pretty penny

2, the car's looks - again everybody thinks my 04 is new/ish (may need to get a private plate and go with the flow of this theme :)

3, the car's look - even walking around a stock 350z i feel it has plenty of muscle/boisterous look to it flared arches wideish stocks wheels - its got the look

4, the cars look - ive seen people staring at the rear end - stumped puzzled, their standing there gawping at a dual exhaust, they then ask "whats that packing" 3.5litres they gawp and gasp and say" thought that was only a 2litre

5 Simply the cars look

additional

6, victor at work says it sounds like a porsche

7, my sister (when i let her have a go) was like OMFG this goes like a ferrari - followed by the words how the F%&@ do you keep to the speed limit!

8, the ultimate 1 everyone i know unless their female ( the weird exception probably cause they want to do freaky stuff on my Zeds bonnet :-O)

Everyone is jealous asswipes!

• Like 1

Caroline reports that some men will do anything to overtake her but only a small minority, myself I never really notice any difference. I'm never in a rush so I usually let people out at junctions, slip roads and no amount of provocation will get me to race anybody, did all that 30 years ago and don't want to go there again.

Pete

just going to chime in here!,

ive got a few ideas myself, and these are imho's

1, the car looks a hell of alot more than i piad for her - leading to people actually thinking you are driving something worth a pretty penny

2, the car's looks - again everybody thinks my 04 is new/ish (may need to get a private plate and go with the flow of this theme :)

3, the car's look - even walking around a stock 350z i feel it has plenty of muscle/boisterous look to it flared arches wideish stocks wheels - its got the look

4, the cars look - ive seen people staring at the rear end - stumped puzzled, their standing there gawping at a dual exhaust, they then ask "whats that packing" 3.5litres they gawp and gasp and say" thought that was only a 2litre

5 Simply the cars look

additional

6, victor at work says it sounds like a porsche

7, my sister (when i let her have a go) was like OMFG this goes like a ferrari - followed by the words how the F%&@ do you keep to the speed limit!

8, the ultimate 1 everyone i know unless their female ( the weird exception probably cause they want to do freaky stuff on my Zeds bonnet :-O)

Everyone is jealous asswipes!

I'd agree with most of that, but I'm female and I dare anyone to leave so much as a fingerprint on my paintwork, let alone attempt any 'freaky stuff' on my bonnet. girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

The bonnet of someone else's pride & joy however... ;)

• Like 1

Caroline reports that some men will do anything to overtake her but only a small minority, myself I never really notice any difference.

I think it might be a Sprinkle thing. It used to be even worse about 8-9 years ago when there were still very few 350's around, everyone seemed to want to see what the thing could do. I'd just yawn as they came roaring up beside the Bronzed One. :lol: Still do to this day. Had this the other day when I was in a mates 370, someone came hammering up on the inside lane, then level pegged with us, revving away, winked at me, little did he know that I have a Z too, and am the club captain over here. :lol: :lol: We couldn't even be bothered wasting the petrol. :p

I've generally not had any trouble... maybe I'm just totally oblivious and just concentrating on the road?

There was one occasion where I was driving quite late at night and someone took exception to me overtaking them and pulled into the outside lane to block me. I wasn't going that fast, but was seriously dangerous as he just expected me to slam on and accept what he'd done. There are some utter tw@s on the road, but mostly people seem to like the Zed.

I seem to get treated like pure poo on roads in the Zed. Get in my mothers Yaris drive around everyone puts their hand up everyone lets you out of junctions. People actually stop instead of pushing their way through a obstruction.

In the Zed i find no one puts their hand up to say thanks if i wait, no one will let me out at junctions. The amount of people who try to race me on the roads is silly..

But no one hates the zed even though not that many people get to see the front B)

Edited by peteman35

Not quite sure how they can do everything to overtake you because you're female - they shouldn't know it's a lady driving until they're along side and can see. Just sounds like more twits around where some live than others :p

The only things I get is young(er) drivers in their overpriced "sporty" versions of various cars (Focus, Fiesta, Leon's, Golf's, Civic's). Some could well be faster than the 350, I don't know, I don't care. They do seem intent on trying to beat you in some form or other - I just let them get on with it. They're trying to prove how great their car is to themselves. I don't need to, I love the car and have nothing to prove to anyone.

The only time I'd say it has been really bad was being dangerously undertaken whilst joining the Aston Expressway near Aston University (so going up the on-ramp). Two cars behind before entering the roundabout was a green honda civic (I think) which I had driven past on the approach as it was only doing 20mph instead of 30 (the limit). It had a ridiculous body kit.

As I exit the roundabout I'm heading up the onramp to the Expressway. 5 seconds later I can see it careening around the corner behind me (thank god the pedestrian crossing wasn't red, there is no way they'd have stopped) before tearing up the bus lane (on the inside) to undertake, cut in and slam the anchors on to not hit the car ahead - causing me to also brake as they over-braked.

Undoubtedly they were impressed with themselves and proved their car is awesome and can "do" mine. Let them get on with it... one day they'll probably come a cropper.

Edited by Mike

Who said I'm good looking?

Me! :lol:

Everyone else in here is a chicken! :lol:

He who dares Rodders... ;)

Anyway, now I've got you on side, lets talk more about those Nismo GT4's you've got for sale. I've got a lovely set of 18" Rays which I could be persuaded to part with! :)