Weird insurance quotes...

rob_t

So I've just turned 19 and I'm searching for quotes on a 350z,

I got a quote for a 350z for £1900 (I was amazed!), then just to make sure it was right I got a quote on another 350z... this one said from £5500.

I looked at my quotes and saw on the first one it said 'fairlady z', and the second one just said 350z.

I don't get why it would be cheaper on the fairylady one, can anyone tell me why please?

PS I'm new to Zeds so I think it might be a dumb question...

I got a quote once for a thundercat when I first past my bike test around 25 and one place wanted 10k. Wouldn't mind but bike was only worth 6k. Some places just Make it up I am sure.

You won't like what I am about to say but at 18 your a high risk and your going to get screwed on insurance. Why not get a smaller car get a few years no claims and get a zed when your In ya 20,s?

Edited by fellsteruk

I had the same problem last year where my insurance was coming out at £2k on the import and approx. £4.5k on a uk spec. So I waited a year before purchasing and I ended up with around £300 between the cost of insurance of a import and a uk spec cabriolet (£1,100). This quote was £300 more than my old 2005 Hyundai Coupe 2.0, so it was a win win really.

Just wait until your insurance has come down and you won't be disappointed :teeth: .

P.S. It might be worth obtaining a quote from Only Young Drivers :) although they do ask some silly questions, what are your views on speeding, seat-belts, booster seats etc.

I had a similar thing happen when I got my GT4. I eventually rang the company, gave them my reg and when they said it was a Fairlady Z I told them that is the import name for it but mine is a 350Z and not an import. They were happy with that and didnt change the price.

Edited by longsh07

I had a similar thing happen when I got my GT4. I eventually rang the company, gave them my reg and when they said it was a Fairlady Z I told them that is the import name for it but mine is a 350Z and not an import. They were happy with that and didnt change the price.

cheers, I'll give that a go :)