recalls?

sinbad

I think this is WRONG!!!! :scare: you CAN get your recalls fixed after warranty.

Note that some recalls have been announced years after warranty expired.

A recall in UK is always a Safety Critical Related item ( i.e. Nissan knows this is potentially likely to cause a serious injury or death, due to a poor design.) So if Nissan issue a recall is to rectify this item irrespective of warranty status...

(I am sure it is the same in US, safety critical...)

1. a recall announced in the UK will be covered at any point in time.

2. a recall announced in the US and occurring in UK in the same parts (sometimes maybe they changed something for UK spec...) could be argued easily to have it fixed, due to the fact that nissan acknowledge the fault in US... bad publicity and watchdog effect if they reject the claim...

3. A JDM or EU spec, is irrelevant , SO LONG, as the parts concerned are the same and the cause is the same.

There is always differences in US recalls and UK/EU recalls and I think it used to be easier to not declare the recalls in EU if there was "reasonable doubt..." but nowadays, with the advent of internet...and public visibility of these items, I think OEM have to honour judgments they make globally, not only focusing on Europe market.

I think this is WRONG!!!! :scare: you CAN get your recalls fixed after warranty.

A recall in UK is always a Safety Critical Related item ( i.e. Nissan knows this is potentially likely to cause a serious injury or death, due to a poor design.) So if Nissan issue a recall is to rectify this item irrespective of warranty status...

2. a recall announced in the US and occurring in UK in the same parts (sometimes maybe they changed something for UK spec...) could be argued easily to have it fixed, due to the fact that nissan acknowledge the fault in US... bad publicity and watchdog effect if they reject the claim...

3. A JDM or EU spec, is irrelevant , SO LONG, as the parts concerned are the same and the cause is the same.

There is always differences in US recalls and UK/EU recalls and I think it used to be easier to not declare the recalls in EU if there was "reasonable doubt..." but nowadays, with the advent of internet...and public visibility of these items, I think OEM have to honour judgments they make globally, not only focusing on Europe market.

By recalls, i think he is refering non critical issues such as skipping cd players etc that are rectified under warranty but not after it has expired :thumbs:

By recalls, i think he is refering non critical issues such as skipping cd players etc that are rectified under warranty but not after it has expired :thumbs:

Agreed, but its important to see the difference in terminology between a warranty claim and a recall!

So Zzzz is correct in what he's saying. If there was a recall such as a risk of petrol igniting when filling up, it wouldn't matter if you were out of warranty....... you should still get the letter stating its going to be done for safety reasons.

The only time I've ever seen a recall letter was to the owner of a car bought new from a dealer. Sad I know. I hope the manufacturers approach the DVLA or tax office to obtain a list of owners to notify if a recall is required.

What we have here is "Recalls" and "TSB's" (Technical Service Bulletins). TSB's are covered under warranty but not after it expires. If your car is not EU then you have no Nissan warranty unless you buy and import through a UK Nissan dealer. So for example you want a US car and you imported it through the manufacturers dealer in the UK then you'd get a warranty which would cover all TSB's. I've actually never understood how they can get out of that one but they do. So for example (again) if I imported one of the new Z's through an importer, i.e. it's a 2007 model, I'd have no Nissan warranty in the EU. Sucks. If I were to import the same car through a Nissan dealer I would or should have a warranty.

A Recall is a public announcement to recall all cars within a specific VIN number range for safety reasons.

Do a search for recalls. There have been some very big ones.

Also I think you'll find if Nissan UK ever issue a recall for clicking axles say ,only Euro supplied cars will be affected..JDM's will have to whistle for any rectification work.. only safety items will be Worldwide recalled ;)

Apologies for CAPS lock ( just copy/pasted) :blush:

According to VOSA.org.uk

NONE

According to the NHTSA (US)

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/probl ... esults.cfm

1. Recall ID# 05V555000 - FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

Model Affected: 2003 NISSAN 350Z ,

Summary:

ON CERTAIN PASSENGER AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE FUEL FILLER HOSE MAY CRACK AND RESULT IN FUEL LEAKAGE FROM THE HOSE WHILE REFUELING.

Consequence:

FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE

2. Recall ID# 03V455000 - ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Recall Date:

Model Affected:

2003 NISSAN 350Z (NOT APPLICABLE TO UK DEFINETELY!)

Summary:

ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.

Consequence:

THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

But don't panic as I am sure if they where an issue for any car in UK they would have issued a recall in UK, so I imagine they have been countermeasured.

If you do have any doubts or worries , go to your local dealer I am sure they can re-assure you...

there was only one in the US for the fuel duct that could have leaked. never happened in the UK

Why, did they have different design of these components? Is it something to do with the size of their filling hoses etc?