Seat Swap, definitive answer needed

gort

Hi Guys.

Hoping somebody can give me definitive answer, regarding changing from cloth seats ( non GT car) to leather seats (from a GT car)

will they just be plug n play, obviously the heating element won't work, but I'm not fussed about that,

but I need to know if the electric switches work when I plug em in, or will I have to source relay/fuses, or will my non GT car already have them installed?

and I don't want any hassle of having to add extra looms/wires in to stop the passenger air bag from flashing.

Surely people on here have done this in the past, and can tell me of any problems encountered.

Because if it's too much of a ball ache,I'm not going to bother.

Thanks in advance guys.

As far as I know, the non GT only has 2 connectors, one yellow one is for the airbags and a small white one for the seat belt indicator, so you'll have to wire in the other connector on the seat to a power source.

As far as I know, the non GT only has 2 connectors, one yellow one is for the airbags and a small white one for the seat belt indicator, so you'll have to wire in the other connector on the seat to a power source.

thanks for the info, bud, just been and taken a pic underneath the seats

there's a spare white socket underneath each seat

pic 1 drivers side

pic 2 passenger side

FILEminimizerP1000012.jpg

FILEminimizerP1000014.jpg

Looks like you've got lucky, that looks like a positive and negative for both seat motors and heaters :thumbs:

many thanks

like you said, I could be in luck :)

FILEminimizerP1000012.jpg

FILEminimizerP1000014.jpg

Edited by gort

• 1 year later...

Hi buddy just wondering what your end result was with this? If car doesnt come with the heated loom can you buy pre made looms for it? Cheers

I'm not bothered too much about the heated seats, so never investigated to see if the loom was under the centre console, everything else worked has it should though :thumbs: