Wheel damage - identification

Zalas

Hi guys, I'd like to engage the forum's knowledge if I may? Coming back from an excellent Silverstone classic on Sunday I had a slight incident exiting a wet roundabout with kickdown coming in at just the wrong time. Despite being able to hold it the back wheel to a big thwack and, as well as bending two of the suspension arms has also killed the rim.

Trying to identify them (PO put them on) - the center cap says Ascari and I think they were Penta's but on checking the back of the "Y" spoke they say 'Axis EXE' - however they are nothing like the EXE wheels! From checking the posts and other images on here I think that Axis Penta's are a pretty close match and tie in with he Axis on the back - does anyone know if they're the same?

9393612718_b045ab09ed.jpg

9390839941_0a959b3f8b.jpg

Hoping they are otherwise there will be 3 vgc Penta's along for sale very soon!

As an aside, does anyone know of a parts fiche where you can buy bits on-line to replace the suspension sections? The only place I can find is in America.

Cheers,

A.

Maybe contact Axis direct to ask? Doing a "search by image" on Google has come up with "Algernon Intelesse II" which also look very similar:

Hmmm maybe Ascari made a copy of the Penta? http://www.ststyresa...tegory/13-.html

Where did you find that? Searched high and low - may give them a call. Fired an email to Axis this morning with a copy of the picture to check.

Thanks so far! A.

Send ZMANALEX a pm, I'm sure he'll have the parts you require. Can't help on the rim though, sorry

Thank you Kyle:

Zalas, New and preowned suspension arms are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further.

Alex. :)

OK so I've heard back from Axis, it doesn't look like good news. They say, and I quote,

--------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Subject: Re: Tracking down wheel models

I have actually never heard of that brand. The factory that made those has been gone for at least 5 years. Only chance of finding one would be from a company overseas that carried that "brand"

That is not an authorized Axis wheel.

Not sure what the best course of action is to take: half tempted to get an Axis Penta and see how it looks but then I suspect I'll just be disappointed - I'm leaning with the possibility it'll be better to change the shoes to something else - maybe looking at 18"/19" without the massive curb-friendly lip.

Thanks so far, Cheers,

Al.

the center cap says Ascari and I think they were Penta's but on checking the back of the "Y" spoke they say 'Axis EXE' - however they are nothing like the EXE wheels!

Just had a look at my Axis Pentas which are off the car at the moment. They also have Axis EXE on one of the spokes. Have yours been refurbed and resprayed at any time? They look identical to my wheels but a slightly different colour.

Pete

the center cap says Ascari and I think they were Penta's but on checking the back of the "Y" spoke they say 'Axis EXE' - however they are nothing like the EXE wheels!

Just had a look at my Axis Pentas which are off the car at the moment. They also have Axis EXE on one of the spokes. Have yours been refurbed and resprayed at any time? They look identical to my wheels but a slightly different colour.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for that - strange, eh? Yeah mine have been resprayed - I was going to get them fully refurbed soon and stripped back. Looking at the current Axis Pentas I can't actually find whether they're still available or whether they've been replaced by the hyper-black and matt-black wheels (although the main page image shows 'em as silver on the yellow 350). Did you get your Penta's in the UK? Where from if I can ask?

Cheers,

A.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for that - strange, eh? Yeah mine have been resprayed - I was going to get them fully refurbed soon and stripped back. Looking at the current Axis Pentas I can't actually find whether they're still available or whether they've been replaced by the hyper-black and matt-black wheels (although the main page image shows 'em as silver on the yellow 350). Did you get your Penta's in the UK? Where from if I can ask?

Cheers,

A.

I bought mine second hand in 2011. The guy told me that he'd imported them from The States towards the end of 2009, so I'm guessing that the silver ones have been discontinued for quite a while :( . If the hyper black ones are the same style and size I guess you could always get one, respray it and fit the Ascari centre cap........ Presuming of course that Axis or an Axis dealer would sell you a single wheel.

Pete

Ho hum. I think for the cost of an import and spraying the wheel I'm probably a fair chunk of the way to a new set of rims, as galling as it is. Wonder how much I could sell my fronts and single rear that are in good nick for...

A.

Ho hum. I think for the cost of an import and spraying the wheel I'm probably a fair chunk of the way to a new set of rims, as galling as it is. Wonder how much I could sell my fronts and single rear that are in good nick for...

A.

Tyres will be worth something but the rims probably not sadly.

Pete