front side knocking

ddcboyle

So ive had this knocking noise from the front of passenger side, footwell area. At first I thought it was drop links but turns out its not.

The knocking happens on small bumps, but if I left foot brake while accelerating, it seems to go away.

Any ideas? Or ways to check? If I need to get under the car, will need some mechanic-for-dummies guide as I dont know what things are called.

If the bushing has failed then you can replace the bushing, but you will require a commercial press to carry out this procedure.

If it is the ball joint that has failed then you will require a complete new compression rod (banana arm)

Is is certainly doable as a DIY if you are handy with the tools (so that rules you out) :lol: however peeps sometimes have problems getting the ball joint nut off and others sometimes have issues getting the bush off the chassis stud.

Complete compression arms and bushings are in stock and good to go same/next day as well as the seating cones and ball joint nuts which I would recommend that you also swop out.

Alex. :)

The arm will have dropped off its bush and will be hitting the chassis. I'm going to be sorting mines tomorrow so i'll take some pics for you

Haven't you fitted them yet, Neil... B)

lol been in Jamaica mate. I missed the garage before I went so the cars off the road with no MOT at the moment lol. The superpro bushes are a sweet looking bit of kit though. Will be much happier when it's all complete tomoz :)

The arm will have dropped off its bush and will be hitting the chassis. I'm going to be sorting mines tomorrow so i'll take some pics for you

Haven't you fitted them yet, Neil... B)

lol been in Jamaica mate. I missed the garage before I went so the cars off the road with no MOT at the moment lol. The superpro bushes are a sweet looking bit of kit though. Will be much happier when it's all complete tomoz :)

Good man... :thumbs: