My 350z

Nick350z

Hi gang. Been a member for a little while now but never got round to posting. I've had my 350z for about a year now and thought it was about time to post up a few pictures. She's been draining me of money in the last few months but most of it has been me wanting to get her up to a decent standard so it's had - P3 service at Nissan, pretty much a full respray to get rid of the little marks, dings and scratches, Rays refurbished, new set of Michelin Pilot Supersports, new mats, new Bosch wipers and a Cobra non-resonated exhaust plus Y pipe fitted (thanks to CS for supplying) 013.png 012.png 014.png 003.jpg

Edited by Nick350z

Looks great, Nick, many thanks for the exhaust order too... :)

Must say one thing - it's loud!! When I first drove it I thought 'My god what have I done here?' but it's settled down a touch now and it's reawakened the child in me - sounds brutal when given maximum beans. It is a little droney at times on part throttle (but I knew that when I bought it) but nothing that cannot be 'driven around' and has made me genuinely laugh a few times with the sheer outrageousness of it!

• Like 2

Must say one thing - it's loud!! When I first drove it I thought 'My god what have I done here?' but it's settled down a touch now and it's reawakened the child in me - sounds brutal when given maximum beans. It is a little droney at times on part throttle (but I knew that when I bought it) but nothing that cannot be 'driven around' and has made me genuinely laugh a few times with the sheer outrageousness of it!

I thought the same when I got mine, but the sound is really incredible and I love it. Have you blasted through a tunnel/underground car park yet? I pull this face when I do :teeth:

I thought the same when I got mine, but the sound is really incredible and I love it. Have you blasted through a tunnel/underground car park yet? I pull this face when I do :teeth:

Haha! No not yet - but I'm sure it'll happen. I've noticed it gets a lot more attention now though - both from pedestrians and other road users. The other thing is that I'm getting through more petrol than I did because I like listening to it!

Yep! It's got the higher tax as well! To be honest when I bought it I didn't realise there was another facelift after this one - it wasn't until I joined here that it became apparent. This was on a short list with a BMW 130i and an R32 golf. What swung me towards it though was the fact it was a 2 seater RWD car (never ticked either of those boxes) one owner, full history with the sat nav and GT pack. I had a Clio 182 before this (a 172 before that and a 5 GT Turbo before that!) so this is a nice step up in terms of power, build quality and road presence. It's nothing like the hot hatches to drive as you'd expect - I find it less excitable/nervous but more refined, planted and much quicker after 60/70. I'm no drift hero though so I've yet to experience power slides etc!

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I must say this really is a decent club/forum with a positive relaxed vibe to it. I'd used a couple of guides on here already as well which were incredibly useful, and regularly read up on forum posts, so I'll do my best to post as often as I can. It would also be good to get to some meets when they are on as I don't know anyone that owns a Z and it's always nice to meet like minded folk.

Looks very smart. I used to have A 306 rallye which I loved but after a few changes, the 350z is the best I've found since the pug. You'll warm to the rear wheel/ LSD/ balanced set up in no time. Enjoy! Oh and as it seems you're a perfectionist, finish up with a hunter system laser wheel alignment- transforms the car handling wise when it's set up as it should be and great for what it costs.

• 3 months later...