Suspension help needed

Hougenie

Hi all,

Well the Zed failed its MOT today for the first time :cry:

Failed due to the "offside front lower suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated"

I spoke to the garage and they say that this means replacing the whole suspension arm and not just the bush.

Anyone know anything about this?

Also anyone know where I can source this as Nissan want £480 which I thought was a bit much.

Thanks for any help

cs2000: I'm really not too sure, they said that the bush has deteriorated (I directly quoted the MOT above as my knowledge is very limited) but they say you can't just put a new bush on, rather, you have to replace the whole suspension arm??

I apologise for my ignorance. :surrender:

cs2000: I'm really not too sure, they said that the bush has deteriorated (I directly quoted the MOT above as my knowledge is very limited) but they say you can't just put a new bush on, rather, you have to replace the whole suspension arm??

Normally, you can't replace the bush. Nissan won't supply them without the whole arm, however; zmanalex (in all his wizardry) has the genuine Nissan bushing which makes it a LOT cheaper and easier to fix. If you will just be using the car for normal day to day use, buy the normal Nissan one, if your going down the track or hard driving route go for polybushes :)

Wondered if Alex would have popped back in and answered that :)

Ive no idea how het gets these bushes, if it is those, but they're certainly much cheaper than the full arm from Nissan, or indeed himself. Ive got no idea of the garage cost to replace it however. From looking online, the banana arm itself isn't the easiest thing to get to. Id imagine its a lot easier with a ramp and air tools however.

Edited by cs2000