Blown Exhaust

NaanH

Hi guys,

My exhaust has started to blow this week, its ridiculously loud, and sounds more like an impreza, which im not really happy with. I liked the refined noise of the OEM system. plus it is not accelerating like it used to.

Anyway, im not sure which part has blown, but obviously im looking to replace it, with a newer and better sounding exhaust :)

I have seen a lot about the cobra sports exhaust, and i am keen on the upgrade. I do not want excessive cabin noise -which is what i have with the blown exhaust at low revs.

Is the unresonated version going to cause too much cabin noise?? In the resonated videos i have seen, i must say i like it a lot.

Would I also need a new Y-pipe?

When i had my HR zed serviced, I was told that a seal of somesort was on the verge of breaking - im assuming its the common fault at 4-5 years of age (i have an 08 xed).

Im a real newbie when it comes to modifications, this will be the first, so any advice is very much appreciated!

The Cobra resonated is the one to go for, on Friday we fitted the very same to a HR and it sounded great, this too had the usual break between the mid and rear.

The Y pipe is optional, you can just replace the mid ad rear.

More info can be seen here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63096-cobra-sports-exhaust-from-cougar-store/

Drop us a call or PM and we'll be happy to help... :)

Hi guys, i climbed under the car to find this:

0odt.jpg

Im assuming I dont need a y pipe, just the middle and rear box (resonated) ?

thanks in advance

Edited by NaanH

NaanH I have the Cobra non resonated system and I don't really get any excessive cabin noise so the resonated one will be fine for what you are looking for and it is a really nice piece of kit and sounds great when you want to put your foot down a bit :thumbs:

• Like 2

NaanH I have the Cobra non resonated system and I don't really get any excessive cabin noise so the resonated one will be fine for what you are looking for and it is a really nice piece of kit and sounds great when you want to put your foot down a bit :thumbs:

thats great to hear mate, I cant wait now, gonna have a lot more fun driving it around now.

• Like 1

Had my Cobra y-pipe back system fitted yesterday by Abbey Motorsport as I had the usual split on the original exhaust. Went for the resonated system and it sounds brilliant, there is no motorway drone at 70.

I believe Abbey took a video of my car with the exhaust fitted to put on their Facebook page so people looking to by a Cobra exhaust can hear what it's like.

You won't regret it.

Had my Cobra y-pipe back system fitted yesterday by Abbey Motorsport as I had the usual split on the original exhaust. Went for the resonated system and it sounds brilliant, there is no motorway drone at 70.

I believe Abbey took a video of my car with the exhaust fitted to put on their Facebook page so people looking to by a Cobra exhaust can hear what it's like.

You won't regret it.

Thought you opted for the Scorpion, Justin, the Cobra does sound better... :)

thats great to hear mate, I cant wait now, gonna have a lot more fun driving it around now.

Not long to go until it'll be with you... B)

• Like 1

Not long to go until it'll be with you... B)

You won't regret it.

Thanks for that - will take a look on their site.

CS i cant wait!

You won't regret it.

Thought you opted for the Scorpion, Justin, the Cobra does sound better... :)

Was initially after the Scorpion, but listening to the sound clips I agree the Cobra sounded better. Was trying to rush into getting it replaced as soon as the exhaust blew, glad I looked into it a bit more now though. :)

Pic for anyone interested, these are the TP34 tips:

QxBbiQV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had the exhaust fitted yesterday, sounds immense! how long does it take to 'wear in' ?

Thanks CS and Ross at Japex im a much happier man now.

Didnt realise how small the back box was compared to the OEM!

• Like 1