Are there any cyclists on here?

Sarnie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an '06 Kona Cindercone that I use to keep fit for football. Used to race downhill in the national series (was actually pretty good/sponsored etc) and had a Giant ATX-1 DH with 7-8'' travel front and rear, was great fun but 3 broken wrists and collerbone made me come to my senses :lol:

I can't think of any other item of clothing that I'd look worse in :blush:

I don't think I'd fit in at the local pub sporting one of them - the only riding I do is to jump on my MTB ride about 3 miles to the nearest pub and ride back somewhat less ably :drunk:

I used to be heavily into my cycling till a Taxi driver coming the opposite way turned across the road directly in front of me without indicating. I hit the front passenger side at an angle, went over his bonnet, across the screen and over the roof and off the other side. I immediately attempted to stand up to give the guy a good talking to, or possibly to remove his genitalia depending on how apologetic he was, and then discovered my left leg wouldn't hold my weight and fell back down again. Turned out my knee cap was detached and required surgically re-attaching. I had 8 weeks in Hospital followed by 12 weeks on crutches, which was nice. The Police told me I hit the car so hard I popped his tyre and left imprints of my knuckles in his front wing.

The car was a write off.

This was maybe 8 years ago and I did get back into cycling but not at the same level. Since then I took up powerlifting, gained nearly 6 stones and I'm not very aerodynamic these days B)

Name doesn't ring a bell Andy?

Fair play mate, he went to the Worlds for GB around 10/11yrs ago and used to do absolutley shedloads up & down the country so thought you may have come across him.

Silly sod is, as we speak, doing the coast to coast ride - West to East. Just spoke to him, he says he's got a sore arse :lol:

used to do time trials many years ago :blush: Why what are you up to :)

Just thought any budding cyclists may wanna swing by my ebay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CyclingTopsUK

:)

Nah thanks mate you got a sh!t feedback score :p;)

What, 100%? B)

i give you two weeks beforeit comes 87% ;)

Nah take longer than that , by my maths to reach 87% he will have to give 83 bum deals in 2 weeks, Sarnie only has 14 items listed :teeth:

used to do time trials many years ago :blush: Why what are you up to :)

Just thought any budding cyclists may wanna swing by my ebay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/CyclingTopsUK

:)

Nah thanks mate you got a sh!t feedback score :p;)

What, 100%? B)

i give you two weeks beforeit comes 87% ;)

Sarnie only has 14 items listed :teeth:

Got another 100 being listed tomorrow B)

• 9 months later...