Cruise control issue

garethkd1

Well, the issue is it doesn't work.

The symbol appears in the dash, and the LCD screen says cruise control but the toggle switch doesn't change anything. The toggle switch works for the speed limiter so it can't be that.

Any ideas? Maybe the computer needs a reset, has anyone suffered similar problems? It's only 2 years old so still in warranty and is as standard.

Cheers

It's fixed and quite a simple one too.

As suspected, even after reading the manual (only for that section of course) i confirmed I was using it correctly.

Turns out there are two switched on te brake pedal. One for the cruise control and one for everything else. The switch for the cruise was being partially depressed or sticky and therefore the cruise thought i was braking and turned the cruise off. Ie it never turned on in the first place.

So easy fix. The dealer is happy to show your where the switch is and only needs a spanner.

Hopefully this'll help someone else out of warranty.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue with my QQ, the rear indicator/stop light had a bad earth so every time i was shooting down the motorway and decided to change lane as soon as i hit the indicator the CC would die as it was getting a false stop signal.... Got to the point where it didn't work at all..

Believe it or not i changed the bulb and never had an issue with it since :)

Relieved? Well only because it now works. Not that I'll actually use it. But I like to know that as I've paid for it, it's there.

Next up is my fuel cap lock. The actuator assay broke and they are going to fix it under warranty.

Do stone chips come under warranty too?

I meant to add. A method of testing whether the problem is your switch is to use your foot to pull the pedal towards you ( ie put your foot behind it ) so it moves away from the switch a bit and try the CC and see if it works. ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

• Like 1