PIAA or Bosch Wipers

Dogfather

My drivers side wiper blade is really starting to bug me with the squeaking and streaking! I've decided that if I'm going to change the blade I may as well go all out and get better blades, I've been trying to look around for the PIAA ones or Bosch ones that a number of forum members have recommended.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to find anywhere in the UK that stocks the wipers, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tom

ebay definately - but you should get them cheaper than that

alternatively a 2 blade refill from Nissan direct (part code on the forum somewhere) for £12

you can get the upgraded Bosch areo blades on e-bay, @£29 delivered full set front/back

Nissan 350 Z 3.5 Bosch Aerotwin Front/Rear Wiper Blades Set Aero Flat

Cheaper from here ;)

http://www.wiperblad...k-wiper-blades/

EDIT:

Ooops, maybe not, forgot about the rear one, lol (add another £10)

Edited by BulletMagnet

Thanks Bulletmagnet.

Are these not for the 350z though and not the 370z? I was under the impression that the 370z needed different sizes, a 21" for drivers side and 19" for passengers.

Does anybody have the Bosch's, PIAA's or RainX wipers on their 370z?

Thanks Bulletmagnet.

Are these not for the 350z though and not the 370z? I was under the impression that the 370z needed different sizes, a 21" for drivers side and 19" for passengers.

Does anybody have the Bosch's, PIAA's or RainX wipers on their 370z?

Yes, you are indeed correct

The Nissan part numbers are as follows:

370Z Driver side wiper refill (21") - 28895-1EAOA

370Z Passenger side wiper refill (19") - 28895-JFO1A

Edited by BulletMagnet

From another 370 'wiper' thread:

Got mine last from Westover in Poole by ordering over the phone - arrived in 48 hours and include the rear wiper but that had to include the holding section where the refills are inserted as the system was showing no inserts for them and that was more than double the price of the other two together .

But on checking the wiper size when I got them, the rear is the same length as the near side one and I can't see any reason why you cannot use that refill (the cheaper of the two fronts) in the rear holder, saving well over a tenner.

Oh, and make sure you put the narrow end of the inserts in first....... :blush:

Nice to have non-squeaking wipers again :)

They are fine (I also use Rainx) standard Nissan refills @ £12 for the two front refills.

Just to add for anybody who may be interested I have made contact with PIAA and suppliers of Bosch to look at the suitable alternatives.

The part numbers for Bosch AeroBlades are AR21U & AR19U, these are designed to fit the hook type wiper arm and will work great with the curved windscreen. - about £20 for the pair.

Below is a quote from PIAA UK Customer Services:

I am sorry on talking to colleagues in Japan they ere not sure they will wipe the screen properly due to the curvature.

The part numbers we believe to be;

WUK53E 21â€

WUK48E 19â€

However we cannot guarantee the fitment.

I think that I'm going to give the Bosch one's a go not too much more than the standard Nissan refills and hopefully they will fit great!

• 4 weeks later...

The Bosch aero blades are very good. I fitted them a couple of weeks ago to my Z (and also to the missus's CR-V) and I'm very pleased with them.

Bought them here:

http://www.autobulbs...=18321&type=car

Some of the prices quoted above look cheaper though.

Daft question but how are these fitted? Is it easy to remove the original blades?

• 3 weeks later...

"Daft question but how are these fitted? Is it easy to remove the original blades?"

Yes, very easy. There's a small catch under the original blade body where it fits onto the hooked wiper arm. You press that in, which allows the whole blade to pull off the wiper arm. It can only go in one direction.

The new blades come with clear fitting instructions on the packet. It's just a matter of lining them up properly per the illustration and clicking into place.

Johnny A

P.S. Just noticed that you got a set and that they're working fine :thumbs: !

Edited by Johnny A
  • Like 1

I have tried out the aero floppy wipers from Tesco and they seem to work ok, basically I see them as bits of rubber that push water out the way, so why pay the premium for branded items when you can get them for £5 each?

Not like they are the rubber that meets the roads.

If Ekona comes on here now saying Bosch are better performance rubber with a gazillion times more hydrophobic properties than cheapo supermarket ones then I might think about it :lol: