Splitter colour advice please

Pnthrblkzs

Hi all,

As i have no imagination at all i really need a bit of help deciding on what colour to spray my recently aquired Mines replica splitter from the RT group buy.

As my car stands at the moment the car is Blade Silver, the wheels are Gunmetal grey Rays, the front and rear Nissan badges have been replaced with Gunmetal grey 'Z' badges, i have clear front reflectors and if it matters Anthracite leather seats.

I also need my door handles spraying and i will probably get those done Gunmetal too.

Before buying the splitter i liked the idea of spraying the middle bar on the bottom of the front bumper, under the grill slats, matt black.

So i guess my options are:

Silver splitter

Gunmetal grey splitter

Silver splitter with gunmetal middle section

Silver splitter with matt/satin black middle section

Gunmetal splitter with mat/satin black middle section

Leave the splitter with the current gloss black gel coat

Satin/matt black splitter

So i'm looking for opinions on what others would do, i was planning on leaving it in the gel coat finish but don't want the car to be a mix and match of colours.

Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

Jon

I can't make my mind up on other bits either, if a set of splash guards come up for sale i'd fit them with some Nismo rear bumper spats, or fit some Tarmac side steps.

I don't think i'd change the skirts or rear bumper other than that though.

Jon

Fit the splitter when it arrives, takes some shots of the car with it fitted, then ask very very nicely on here if a Photoshop guru can do their magic.

Then we can vote. But ultimately, it'll be the one you like best that you should go for :thumbs:

DSC01336_zps51491bcf.jpgI am having the same dilemma!

Left mine for now in black gel coat - as is rear diffuser - Tarmac Sportz side steps due to be fitted soon which I think are either gel coat or gloss black.

Car is Gunmetal - metallic silver wheels (almost OEM colour just a little more flake).

Is either polished gel coat, plastidip black or satin black. Shied away from gloss black as I thought it made it just too prominent. Might plastidip and if I don't like it, peel it off.

hohum... life is hard...!

David

Edited by Tinyflier

David, where you mention Plastidip, I'm assuming you mean black?

Please don't think about trying the (so called) gunmetal Plastidip. I did and learned the hard way that it looks more like grey primer.

No response from Plastidip UK customer services and 2 unused cans still in a box :(:thumbdown:

David, where you mention Plastidip, I'm assuming you mean black?

Please don't think about trying the (so called) gunmetal Plastidip. I did and learned the hard way that it looks more like grey primer.

No response from Plastidip UK customer services and 2 unused cans still in a box :(:thumbdown:

Yes Ian, I did mean black, I recall your postings about the gunmetal Plastidip!

David

• Like 1