911 for a good price spotted on Autotrader!

rickya

Nice one for finding out :thumbs: Why not send your info. to trading standards, someone could end up getting seriously injured or worse by muppets selling stuff such as this :thumbdown:

To be honest a car dealer is under no obligation to disclose if a car has been subject to a Cat d or c write off claim, if the customer asks outright"has this vehicle been subject to a total loss claim " obviously the trader would then have to disclose the facts..

but as the law stands ,so long as the vehicle is in roadworthy condition no offence has been committed :)

Is that so - annoying. I know when you sell your house it's no longer buyer beware - if you know something, but don't get asked about it at the time, you can still be held to account if it can be shown later you knew (or that you reasonably should have known). Think that's right Digsy?

I think that is correct with regards to property sales, but definitely doesn't apply to the motor trade (more the pity ) :)

Nice one for finding out :thumbs: Why not send your info. to trading standards, someone could end up getting seriously injured or worse by muppets selling stuff such as this :thumbdown:

To be honest a car dealer is under no obligation to disclose if a car has been subject to a Cat d or c write off claim, if the customer asks outright"has this vehicle been subject to a total loss claim " obviously the trader would then have to disclose the facts..

but as the law stands ,so long as the vehicle is in roadworthy condition no offence has been committed :)

Is that so - annoying. I know when you sell your house it's no longer buyer beware - if you know something, but don't get asked about it at the time, you can still be held to account if it can be shown later you knew (or that you reasonably should have known). Think that's right Digsy?

That is correct :)

I'm not a conveyancer but you're right that if you know something there now seems a positive duty on you dislose it. I don't think it goes so far as "should have known" and there's always going to be the problem of proving knowledge.

Nothing like that for cars - buying any car of uncertain history is potentially entering a world of hurt......

I'm not a conveyancer but you're right that if you know something there now seems a positive duty on you dislose it. I don't think it goes so far as "should have known" and there's always going to be the problem of proving knowledge.

Nothing like that for cars - buying any car of uncertain history is potentially entering a world of hurt......

There are no obligations of sellers to disclose any material facts. They do however have to disclose any facts if directly asked by the seller. Its the sellers responsibility to ask the questions. :thumbs:

There are no obligations of sellers to disclose any material facts. They do however have to disclose any facts if directly asked by the seller. Its the sellers responsibility to ask the questions. :thumbs:

How?

"Hello potential buyer, do you think this car used to be a write-off?" :p:headhurt:

What trading standards will do is call them and record to see what information is given about the car. If they ask if its been in any accident like I did and they say no just had a respray which they did say, then trading standards will take them to court on this and they will be liable to a fee and even losing their trading lisnce. But then all they will do is start up again under a different name in somebody elses name and carry on.. makes me sick :rant:

Perhaps its time for watch dog?

How?

"Hello potential buyer, do you think this car used to be a write-off?" :p:headhurt:

Sorry, was answering the previous posts which were about property.

Yes, but the property information forms that you have to complete ask very broad questions which cover most bases.

Yes, but the property information forms that you have to complete ask very broad questions which cover most bases.

Last property I sold I just answered all the questions with one answer "DERELICT" otherwise you leave yourself open to all sorts of problems later on

looks nice but lets be honest it's not a gt3 and you will get toasted by anybody with a decent size turbo they are gutless the only one's worth getting is the mk1 gt3 hand built mrk2 were not had built so less probs also high maintenance or 996 turbo that's it rest will soon be worthless. just look at the 993's still holding there money.i looked and slowly the 997's are coming down but i think it's 993 or 997 or 996 turbo or gt3 i am afraid.

i was tempted to get 996 turbo but it a lot of doh but it's alot of car standard 0-60 4 second and 190mph.

:dry:

Guest prescience

Last property I sold I just answered all the questions with one answer "DERELICT" otherwise you leave yourself open to all sorts of problems later on

You were lucky your buyer didn't walk away - I would have :)

You were lucky your buyer didn't walk away - I would have :)

I'm not a builder or a surveyor why should I be asked to give an opinion on a properties condition...The buyer paid for a survey , what could I add..... best not leave yourself open to future litigation I thought.. no comebacks with describing a property as a wreck :thumbs:

Guest prescience

I know exactly what you're saying but all I'm saying is I wouldn't have done business with you if you'd given those responses :)

I'm not criticsing you, just giving my two penneth :thumbs:

I know exactly what you're saying but all I'm saying is I wouldn't have done business with you if you'd given those responses :)

I'm not criticsing you, just giving my two penneth :thumbs:

The buyer appreciated my candour :teeth: