Lowering and comfort - one for the oldies :)

scottyp

right, now the 19's are on I reckon the car needs a slight drop - on a budget and don't think I'll track this car, so it comes down to springs and standard shocks.

Question is - how much do tein's and eibachs affect the ride quality? - aware that every car I've lowered prevously has had a limited life span with its crashing and banging over pot holes and road bumps. One of the 350's plus points its its compliant ride and I don't want to lose that f I can help it, god i'm getting old! :D

any feedback on your current set up in regards to this please?

Don't get K Sport's then, they're pretty tight. I hear the eibachs are a decent ride but you'll probably need to buy adjustable camber arms to correct the alignment with a 30mm drop. The teins are an almost perfect drop but I can't remember what kind of ride they have.

Edited by KyleR

The eibachs are pretty tough IMO. They are great on smooth road but don't deal with bumps very well. But ive got a jdm and some beefy arbs normal car could well be different. If you have the moola id get coilovers as then you can chose your height and how hard you want the ride.

Either way CS should sort you out.

right, now the 19's are on I reckon the car needs a slight drop - on a budget and don't think I'll track this car, so it comes down to springs and standard shocks.

Question is - how much do tein's and eibachs affect the ride quality? - aware that every car I've lowered prevously has had a limited life span with its crashing and banging over pot holes and road bumps. One of the 350's plus points its its compliant ride and I don't want to lose that f I can help it, god i'm getting old! :D

any feedback on your current set up in regards to this please?

The eibachs are pretty tough IMO. They are great on smooth road but don't deal with bumps very well. But ive got a jdm and some beefy arbs normal car could well be different. If you have the moola id get coilovers as then you can chose your height and how hard you want the ride.

Either way CS should sort you out.

Doesn't need or want coilovers.

Can you lower on a budget?

I'm not sure about the teins but you with eibachs you need the springs £200 fo minimise tyre wear front and back camber arms £400 and 4 wheel alignment £100. This excluding labour.

That's only because the Eibach Springs go more than 20mm lower, which affects camber and requires the camber arms and bolts.

Since the Teins do not exceed 20mm drop the factory adjusters are sufficient and don't need swapping.

I'm also running on Tein Springs and 19"s for about three years now with no issues, ride or geometry wise

Edited by BulletMagnet