The new tattoo thread....

Ricey

Re the tattoo - I don't have any ink myself and have no idea how it is applied but I can see lots of little needle holes on the new bit. How do they do it? Looks really painful :dry:

It is very painful Annie.....there not needle hole thats just shaved aggravated skin (you're seeing the pores).

They use different types of needle to do outline (thin and very painful) and to shade (multiple thin needles which are less painful and morr scratchy).

The needle injects ink into the epidermis (I think) which takes time to settle so you have to be careful not to bash it or over exert the affected area in case you 'blow a line'.....this is where the ink leaks into another part of the skin making less defined and more blurry.

In terms of the amount of in the artist has little thimbles of ink the he dips

tye needle into, so verylittle actually

"Spooky that last comment as I'm currently saving for a knob job" :scare: Does the cost depend on the er, length of the task? :lol:

Looks good Ricey :)

Did I see on 'the 'Book' that you had it done at GoldenDragon?

I'm thinking of having one on my back of the last supper but featuring dead rappers (Biggie and 2Pac et al) rather than Jesus and the disciples. I think I might have seen the idea on MTV's Cribs above a ballers pool table and found it very tasteful.

S.

• Like 1

Okay peeps, here's my koi half sleeve. (Excuse the nipple....). :blush:

I chose a koi because of its meaning, along with the cherry blossoms. Like the others, I could go into a long personal story, but won't bore you. If you do wanna know, Google :thumbs:

15969_210368706288_763336288_4082151_2551062_n_zps39fef078.jpg

15969_210368711288_763336288_4082152_2067778_n_zps71180f69.jpg

After one of my sittings, I asked my artist if I could 'have a go', as I was fascinated and intrigued to feel what it was like to 'tattoo'. She said yes so I tattooed a short line (about 3cm) on my ankle (I obviously picked somewhere out of sight - I'm not that stoopid :lol: ) and it gave me a much greater respect for the skill the tattoo artists have and the accuracy they need to perform their art.

It was similar to drawing a line with a felt tip pen - the harder you press, the thicker the line is. The more pressure you applied to the skin with the tattoo needle, the bolder the line. Most of my 'DIY tatt' has faded now, as I didn't press quite hard enough :lol:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

Looks good Ricey :)

Did I see on 'the 'Book' that you had it done at GoldenDragon?

I'm thinking of having one on my back of the last supper but featuring dead rappers (Biggie and 2Pac et al) rather than Jesus and the disciples. I think I might have seen the idea on MTV's Cribs above a ballers pool table and found it very tasteful.

S.

Got to the golden dragon.......do not go anywhere else in chester!

Okay peeps, here's my koi half sleeve. (Excuse the nipple....). :blush:

I chose a koi because of its meaning, along with the cherry blossoms. Like the others, I could go into a long personal story, but won't bore you. If you do wanna know, Google :thumbs:

15969_210368706288_763336288_4082151_2551062_n_zps39fef078.jpg

15969_210368711288_763336288_4082152_2067778_n_zps71180f69.jpg

After one of my sittings, I asked my artist if I could 'have a go', as I was fascinated and intrigued to feel what it was like to 'tattoo'. She said yes so I tattooed a short line (about 3cm) on my ankle (I obviously picked somewhere out of sight - I'm not that stoopid :lol: ) and it gave me a much greater respect for the skill the tattoo artists have and the accuracy they need to perform their art.

It was similar to drawing a line with a felt tip pen - the harder you press, the thicker the line is. The more pressure you applied to the skin with the tattoo needle, the bolder the line. Most of my 'DIY tatt' has faded now, as I didn't press quite hard enough :lol:

Really nice work there bud

• Like 1