Swirl marks

get12

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. Got a new Azure last week and it has swirl marks over it - not deep but noticeable. There are some deep scratches though just where you pop the boot lid. I noticed them on the day I picked up the car - but after picking up from garage. There is a small blemish also on the drivers side. So, my question is, is it worth it trying to get the dealer to sort it out or should I just accept the fact that new cars do have some swirl marks??

The strange thing is that I had an 04 GM with less swirl marks on it when I sold it last October!

also, I live 150 miles from the garage that sold it to me.

Advice really welcome.

G

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. Got a new Azure last week and it has swirl marks over it - not deep but noticeable. There are some deep scratches though just where you pop the boot lid. I noticed them on the day I picked up the car - but after picking up from garage. There is a small blemish also on the drivers side. So, my question is, is it worth it trying to get the dealer to sort it out or should I just accept the fact that new cars do have some swirl marks??

The strange thing is that I had an 04 GM with less swirl marks on it when I sold it last October!

Advice really welcome.

G

It all depends on how the previous owner has treated the car. IMO no dealer will entertain your request especially after you have purchased the car. PM Steve040 on here as he is a professional detailer and has a paint correction procedure to make it good as new :thumbs:

Hi all,

Advice really welcome.

G

It all depends on how the previous owner has treated the car. IMO no dealer will entertain your request especially after you have purchased the car. PM Steve040 on here as he is a professional detailer and has a paint correction procedure to make it good as new :thumbs:

..I bought from new.....18 miles on the clock!

Hi all,

Advice really welcome.

G

Right.

Sounds like some monkey at the dealership or the factory has washed it with a vile sponge or summat. I still think you'll struggle to get the dealer to do anything after purchase. Maybe the swirls are just more noticeable on the Azure? :blush:

Hi all,

Advice really welcome.

G

Right.

Sounds like some monkey at the dealership or the factory has washed it with a vile sponge or summat. I still think you'll struggle to get the dealer to do anything after purchase. Maybe the swirls are just more noticeable on the Azure? :blush:

I specifically asked the salesguy whether it had swirl marks on it and he said 'no, im looking at it right now and its ok'. Should have paid more attention when I picked it up.

Hi all,

Advice really welcome.

G

Right.

Should have paid more attention when I picked it up.

I think thats the key if im honest :blush:

The clowns at Dealerships don't wash cars properly and they'll have used a single bucket and sponge :scare: therefore creating swirls which on Azure & Black look horrible.

Hopefully with it being new they won't be that deep so a light Paint Correction detail will work out. (check out www.detailingworld.co.uk for loads of info on how to wash your car!) and find a DETAILER - not valetter - in your area (which is where?).

It's a pity that there's no incentive for the salesman to sort it out now apart from being reminded about goodwill.... Though I suspect he's unlikely to help out with the £200 bill you'll get from your detailer :thumbdown:

Well worth getting a detailer though.

The clowns at Dealerships don't wash cars properly and they'll have used a single bucket and sponge :scare: therefore creating swirls which on Azure & Black look horrible.

Hopefully with it being new they won't be that deep so a light Paint Correction detail will work out. (check out www.detailingworld.co.uk for loads of info on how to wash your car!) and find a DETAILER - not valetter - in your area (which is where?).

It's a pity that there's no incentive for the salesman to sort it out now apart from being reminded about goodwill.... Though I suspect he's unlikely to help out with the £200 bill you'll get from your detailer :thumbdown:

Well worth getting a detailer though.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I have highlighted my issue with the dealership and i'll see where it goes. Luckily I know how to wash my car properly - 2 bucket system and all that - pity the dealers dont take as much care over it! I think what you said is highlighted by the fact that the response from the dealer over my comments about swirl marks was- 'well, will have to see when our valeters can have a look at it' :scare: ! I think that the only outcome I would be happy with would be me sending them the bill for the cost of a detailer putting things right.

G

I dont think they will do anything as there is nothing to prove that it was them and not you who washed it wrong.

I think the only way forward is to get it done professionally.

...only had the car a week and only just washed it on Sunday! But I have a witness - 2 hours after picking up the car it was having paint protection applied, and people noticed then the swirl marks.

G

get the dealer to get a detailer in to sort your swirl marks out. There error so they should sort it.

.....I think that is the only option I would be happy with....I'm sure the dealer will sort it out to my satisfaction :)

Guest prescience

might be worth doing a recce at dealer's to see if you can find any other new cars similarly afflicted - game over then :thumbs:

might be worth doing a recce at dealer's to see if you can find any other new cars similarly afflicted - game over then :thumbs:

The thing is, it is not really their fault as they transferred the car from another dealer in Banbury! So, should be interesting to see how all of this is going to be resolved!

g

I dont think they will do anything as there is nothing to prove that it was them and not you who washed it wrong.

Just walk into the dealership and look at all the other cars. I bet all the dark coloured cars have swirls. Of course this isn’t proof but would help in your argument.

Went into dealer in Jan. New Z roadster in black covered in swirls sitting in the showroom under the display lights. They told me the cars arrive that way. Have my doubts.

As for the "scratches just where you pop the boot lid". I have them too. They weren't there when I got the car and have somehow appeared. I swear I've never been close enough to scratch it and always use two buckets which I rinse out a few times during the wash so you could say 4 or even 6 buckets.

The "small blemish also on the drivers side" is what would bother me most. I don't know the extent of it but I would return to the dealer ASAP to discuss it.

Guy

Guest prescience

The thing is, it is not really their fault as they transferred the car from another dealer in Banbury! So, should be interesting to see how all of this is going to be resolved!

g

The responsibility lies with whoever you passed your money over to - that's an end of it from your perspective.

Hi all,

You wanna here something funny?! I have just spoken to Nissan Customer Care to find out what their official view is on swirl marks and new cars - apparently the swirl marks are caused by grease being applied to the paint work on the production line to protect the paint, and that if I take the car back to the dealer they should be able to remove this 'grease' with solvent and make the car all nice and shiny and defect free!!!!

Do they think we are muppets??!!

I am so loooking forawrd to the phone call from the dealer next week to see how this is going to be resolved - i know for sure the car is going nowhere near them - they are going to have to stump up the cash for a proper detailer to sort it out now!

Hi all,

You wanna here something funny?! I have just spoken to Nissan Customer Care to find out what their official view is on swirl marks and new cars - apparently the swirl marks are caused by grease being applied to the paint work on the production line to protect the paint, and that if I take the car back to the dealer they should be able to remove this 'grease' with solvent and make the car all nice and shiny and defect free!!!!

Do they think we are muppets??!!

I am so loooking forawrd to the phone call from the dealer next week to see how this is going to be resolved - i know for sure the car is going nowhere near them - they are going to have to stump up the cash for a proper detailer to sort it out now!

What a load of tosh!! Do they have a book of completely rubbish reasons for their car defects??? :headhurt: